By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Heavy Rain? What is it? - Thread.

tombi123 said:

Didn't Leo-j get a 45 day ban for lying about having a Wii? 

Edit: I want pictures of your PS3 with your name on a piece of paper by it, before I believe you have a PS3.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
leo-j said:
Dissapointed by the ps store?

YOU DONT OWN A FUCKING PS3.

Calm down a bit Leo.

This was a day or two ago, Im calm.

@squillium ban bets arent allowed anymore, but just show us proof, or send one of us a message through PSN.

mM

"Considering all the talk about how close the PSonline was to the Xbox360 I don't think my expectations were unreasonable."

You just said you haven't even used Xbox Live, how do you even know that it isn't the same?

And by the way, the second game you described has videos on PSN.

The trailer is amazing but we will have to wait for more information.

leo-j said:
BengaBenga said:
leo-j said:
Dissapointed by the ps store?

YOU DONT OWN A FUCKING PS3.

Calm down a bit Leo.

This was a day or two ago, Im calm.

@squillium ban bets arent allowed anymore, but just show us proof, or send one of us a message through PSN.

Fine, post your username for PSN and I will go online and add you. But if I prove this then you have to make a post to apologize for accusing me of lying.

Tease.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:

"Considering all the talk about how close the PSonline was to the Xbox360 I don't think my expectations were unreasonable."

You just said you haven't even used Xbox Live, how do you even know that it isn't the same?

And by the way, the second game you described has videos on PSN.

Ahh thanks didn't see them, Im going to buy Medieval from the PS originals.

Well you see I expected better of the online services but meh I guess you can't win them all. But yea I don't know how good Live is but since Live is supposed to be great and PSonline is supposed to be fast catching it my expectations were high and disapointment is defined as unmet expectations so the result is disapointment.

Tease.

I agree with Squilliam, my interest in this game has sky rocketed after hearing this game is being done by the guys who did Indigo Prophecy. I really liked how the game started out but it kind of failed on the ending with the Matrix theme. All and all it was a great game because of it's uniqueness and early story telling, if Heavy Rain is anything like IP then my need for a PS3 has just increased ever so slightly.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

This is what I wrote on Torillan's wall regarding this same question.

Im interested in Heavy Rain for a few reasons.

1. The developers
- Quantic Dream made a very cool and interesting game (Indigo Prophecy)
2. The focus of the game
- From all that has been said, the key points of the games are immersion and story.
3. And here are a few quotes about it
-"All I can say is that Heavy Rain will be a very dark film noir thriller with mature themes."
"The game will feature a story that is interactively "bendable", It's been told by the creators, that "the character control mechanism is an essential part in playing Heavy Rain".

and

"what is good and what is evil' is the key here, that will be just a matter of viewpoint...I believe heavily in moral choices, I'm going to use them A LOT. They're not about being good or bad, but about finding the right balance."

These are quotes from the developers. Enough to get me interested in the game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Dallinor said:

The title for the game is "Heavy Rain" without the "The".

It was originally scheduled for a PC/PS3 release, but recently it's been announced as a fully PS3 exclusive.

"The main story will revolve around 4 different characters, and we're putting the spotlight on their perceptions. The question 'what is good and what is evil' is the key here, that will be just a matter of viewpoint...I believe heavily in moral choices, I'm going to use them A LOT. They're not about being good or bad, but about finding the right balance."

"The game will be a very dark film noir thriller with mature themes" -David Cage (Director of Heavy Rain)

Actually, it was originally planned for the PC/PS3/360.  Plans changed when Sony signed a deal with Quantic Dream to publish the game.

Of course, Quantic Dream seemed to have started with the ps3 version in the first place.  Actually, they worked on a tech demo for the game on the ps3 just prior to E306, and Sony loved it so much they asked it to be shown at their booth during the show.  The video we've all seen was just a demo to show off QD's in-progress game engine, and actually has nothing to do with the story of the game. 

Sony loved the demo (and the response it recieved) so much that they later signed a deal to make the game exclusive.