By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - * The Playstation E3 Predictions *

E3 is only a month away and the hype is mounting up.  I know there are people out there like me, who are trying to think what Sony might announce at E3.  Here are my predictions:

PSP

• A re-designed PSP model will be announced.  It will be slimmer and will be the same price as the regular PSP's today.
  • Regular Model PSP will recieve a price drop. Don't expect a major drop though.
  • PSP games will be shown, I'm not a PSP guy, so I don't really know what games will be shown.  Maybe the new Socom(?).
PS2
  • Nothing really new will be announced for the PS2, the main focus will be on next generation
PS3
    WOW, this will be the main focus of the press conferance, and will be a lot better than the past 2 years.
  •  
    • Of course, Killzone 2 will be shown, it's already been confirmed, there will also be a playable demo on the show floor.  They want to "shut up the critics" and with all the eyes on Sony, it will be a perfect time to shut them up.  Expect a trailer and demo. 
    • They will also announce a public beta sometime in early Fall.
    • A release date will be given. expect it sometime in November.  With a delayed MGS4, Killzone will be Sony's holiday money maker.  It will also give GG more time to make sure they put the finishing touches on their game, so they won't have to rush it out the door.  It will be a smart move on Sony's part.
    • RUMBLE! Yes, you heard me.  With Sony and Immersion all made up, they've had plenty time to figure out how to incorporate Rumble and Motion Control into their controller, and it's about damn time.
    • Remember Eight days?  Expect a trailer shown for it, and a 2008 release date.
    • Socom: Confrontation - There will be a playable demo on the floor.  A beta will be announced.  It won't be anything special...hell, if it's not broke, why fix it.  It will be the same ol' Socom, with updated graphics.  It's online only, w/ 32 multiplayer maps.  Add in some helicopters this time around though.  Socom 4 will be in 2008, expect it to have single player, and more enhanced features. 
    • HOME will be opened up for public beta.
    • LittleBigPlanet will be slated for an early 2008 release date. If we're lucky we'll get it for 2007 holidays.
      • Another demo will be given, with a new level.
    • Cory Barlog has been working on a PS3 exclusive.  Hey why not, God of War 3 will receive a CGI trailer.  Expect Sony to go silent on it after E3 though.
  • PSN
    • Finally the PSN will receive good news for once.  With the announcement of a Killzone 2 beta and Socom beta, things will finally start looking up.
    • Sony might figure out what they're doing with it, and announce a Movie download service.  It would be stupid of them not to.
    • Dave Jaffe will announce his new downloadable game.  Early 2008 release date.
    • PAIN will be shown.
  • The 80 gb version will make it to North America, it will be announced to arrive for the holidays, receiving the $599 price tag, the 60 gb. will receive a price cut, lowering it down to $499 of it's dead 20gb version. The 80 gb version will receive the silver/white paint job of the versions shown 2 years ago.
  • Playstation Eye will be revealed with a demonstration w/ Eye of Judgement
Expect Sony to show all these games:
  • Buzz! The Mega Quiz (PS2)
  • Buzz Junior! Jungle Party (PS2)
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)
  • The Eye of Judgment (PS3)
  • Folklore (PS3)
  • Heavenly Sword (PS3)
  • Home (PS3)
  • Killzone 2 (PS3)
  • Jeanne d'Arc (PSP)
  • Lair (PS3)
  • LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
  • NBA '08 (PS3, PSP)
  • Pain (PS3)
  • Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice (PSP)
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3)
  • SingStar (PS3)
  • SOCOM Confrontation (PS3)
  • SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike (PSP)
  • Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP)
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
  • Warhawk (PS3)
Thanks IGN.

Sony games, that weren't in the Sony press conferance
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 will be shown in another 10 minute long trailer.  Of course it will be with the in-game engine, and will look amazing.  Too bad the ending credits will show a 2008 release date.
    • Kojima will finally announce online details, and maybe some more details on the game.
  • HAZE will have a demo shown.  PS3 version will come out before the other versions, but it won't be exclusive.
  • GTA 4  will be detailed, revealing the main plot, and another trailer.  Possibly sheding light on what we can expect with online.
  • Naughty Dog will show a demo of Uncharted.

I'm sure I missed several things that some of you think are obvious, so why not post the predictions of yours, that I haven't gotten yet.  (or don't agree). There are some other possiblities, such as Square Enix's FF's. 

*Start the hype*
Post courtesy of Full Spectrum Ps.com

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

good stuff, cant wait for Killzone to steal the show. I hope the show White Night Story.

hoping for official news on

God of War 3
Twisted Metal
Resistance 2

Sony would be stupid to go two sku's with 80GB and 60B. The hard drives are probably about the same price, and manufacturing both probably costs them more than just manufacturing the 80GB. I expect the 80B model to replace the 60B once Sony clears out their inventory.

Apart from that, I don't see why any of the rest wouldn't happen

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I hope we actually see some in-game footage from MGS4...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

PSP redesign, Killzone 2 info, White Knight Story info and more Uncharted and HS info is what I am really looking forward to.

Edit: in-game MGS4 footage would be great too hehe

Holy crap if they announce a silver PS3 I am seriously trading this in and getting that one... that shit would look too fuckin good. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Nice post....Killzone 2 info is what i want... and a killzone beta.. and new info on metal gear solid 4.... with a demo for haze

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Good stuff, except the 80/60gb thing. That seems off. The price difference is massive for just 20gb of difference? Not likely. The price of the regular PSP won't drop much, maybe 20 bucks after the redesign is launched, that way PSP is 149.99 and, hopefully, bringing in a small margin of profit.

Also, if they plan on cutting the price in the fall of the PS3, they should keep their mouths shut about it until two weeks before they drop the price. I think 80k in sales is sort of the bottom for the PS3, but announcing a price cut a month in advance or more will sacrifice more sales, and Microsoft will counter price drop in a heartbeat, maybe even beforehand.

Definitely looking forward to Killzone 2 gameplay footage, MGS4 gameplay and release date, some 2-4 player co-op footage of Haze, more LittleBigPlanet info, and perhaps some more Uncharted footage. Maybe Home, too, if they can show me something that will impress. So far, I'm not impressed by Home. Some Final Fantasy footage of the CGI-like in-game sequences would be a pleasant surprise, show off the White Engine that Square made. I don't think God of War will even be teased, part two JUST came out. Maybe next year's E3.

Biggest want ........................ Team ICO shows us the goods. Please, God!

sincerely, i hope they have other weapon in their hand ...

And about killzone2, some points :

- it is not a game for everybody (shooter)
- and, for the moment, this license doesn't have a lot of hype for a average gamer ("it was not in game", "just another shooter" ...)
==> they are waited behind the corner,
they need strong gameplay and amazing graphisms (divin in fact)
they have to show that PS3 is very good
AND a lot better than Xbox360 (bioshock...)

Neverthless, I m still hoping from great staff from Sony

PS : forget God of war 3, too early i think
and what about some video for GT5 ?

Time to Work !

Yeah Team Ico if they shows something it would be amazing...

Dolla Dolla, did you play Ico yet?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Not yet, I haven't. I have a friend's God of War 2 that I've been playing, but it freezes at this one part and I haven't been able to get past it, even after trying to clean smudges and stuff off the disc. I wanted to finish the game before I do Ico. Have you started it?