By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2. I had no idea it was that involved.

I never played the first one, but i will be sure to try this one.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

Fable , The Movies and B&W2 where all IMO major dissapointments , so I wont hold my breath for this one ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I never played the 1st one. I guess I should pick it up from EBGames for $5. I hate jumping into the middle of a series, and Fable 2 looks like a must buy.

^^^I'm not sure there is any sort of sequence in story here, but I could be wrong. I'm hoping Peter M. took a few lessons from Fable 1's problems and limitations and made a killer game this time. Having developed some pretty aggressive software on limited hardware over the years (data-communications and Unix kernel work back in the early 80's) I'm guess Peter had big plans for Fable 1 but in the end found that the platform couldn't support much of the load, so he ended up with something really scaled back from what he thought he could pull off. With 3 cores instead of 1 and a lot more graphics oomph to work with this time, perhaps he will be able to really provide a lot more bang for the buck. Take a look at Oblivion... it uses 1 core, yet has trees and foliage everywhere, all of it swaying in the breeze while clouds form overhead, the shadows on the ground slowly change as the sun moves across the sky, etc. He's also stated that this game is definitely not linear like Fable 1.

Time will tell, but I have high hopes... WRPG is my favorite category of game, considering I now have almost 600 hours into Oblivion. Yeah, I'm obsessed.

Never played the first one. I´ve seen some videos for the 2nd and I liked what I saw. Seems the kind of game I like.

Is the story gonna have anything to do with the first one?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network

hope it delivers, i liked the first one, but it wasnt as good as thought. too many elements were left out ect. This one looks better though.

siriguillo said:
Slimebeast said:
selnor said:

The graphics and lighting are already superb, but then I read on that all the foliage in the game actually grows and gets bigger as you play. From grass and flowers to huge trees. The weather system sounds really intricate. For instance it's not just a case of new day starts and it rains that day and so on. It has weather systems. You can actually see clouds gathering together as you play until a few hours later and it thunderstorms. Proper seasons means months of snow in certain places in the game.

On top of that on their playthrough there is not just an odd deer or rabbit here and there, there is over 40 different species roaming around. Squirrels, fox's all sorts of creatures. Also what I didnt know was that any house or dungeon, keep anything is available to buy(for the right price) as to house your family. Choices actually feel like they affect gameplay(not the usual 1 of 3 choices drivel we have seen in the past). But layers of choices upon choices. Cities entirely burnt down and not there for the rest of the game or completely flourishing as a result of your actions.

Those are awesome elements, but now it's starting to sound too good again for a Peter Molyneux game....

Another wonderful and ambitious game in theory that fails to deliver in practice?

agree with you man, all that was said for the first fable. by the way it was a very linear game (and the wolrd was small), caracter design looks stupid,  and the part where your actions affect you, was a lie (i get the same scar everytime i play , and you are good or bad nothing in the middle ),and you can become a millionare by selling candy in the first hour of playing.

Dude I am at one with your avatar.:) Anyways onr thing the magazine said is they were getting sick of all of Peter M's promises for the game. And after they played it for like 4 hours they said that Peter M has hit the nail on the head. It surpassed there expectations.

I'm sure the game is going to be fun, he makes it sound really good and it sounds like you have many choices. But they said the same stuff about the first one, while it was good, it was very short and your choices were very limited, either be good or be bad. Hopefully they have a good showing at E3 so i can get a better perspective of how the game will be.

Sounds interesting, with a lot of thought put in...

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

even if it doesnt meet the hype, it should still be good

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur