By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why is psp selling so well in japan

Can't we all just get along, a nice civil discussion without so much fuss. I think hugs are in order, let's start by going in alphabetical order. J/K

This is a situation we'll have to wait and see how it turns out, what's going on may be more clear then.

Around the Network

PSP hardware is doing well, but it will never become close to approaching DS LTD.

Software isn't even close either. DS continues to have a much better weekly software sales, a much better tie ratio in addition to a much bigger userbase. PSP will continue to get some games, but DS will get many more.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

because the japanese are graphics whores, just playing with you

because everyone already has a ds

hunter_alien said:

@fkusumot : quality Jpa. games : MHP2G , Super Robot Taisen A Portable , Powerfull Pro Baseball 3 Portable , Valhalla Knights 2 , Bleach  5 ,  Musou Orochi  ,  Star Ocean 2  ,  PES08 ,  Code Geass , Yuusya no Kuse ni Namaiki da , Tales of Rebirth , Ecochrome ... all of these games are all pretty good sellers ( lowest is in the 70k region ) and most have a pretty avid fanbase ;) So this could have helped ... and these are just some BTW .

The original person I was responding to was comparing the flow of great games for the PSP and the non-flow of great games for the DS. That was a joke post. I do appreciate your the sincere effort you put into making that list. PSP does have some great games.

I really don't think there is much validity in the "Everyone already owns a DS argument".

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
I really don't think there is much validity in the "Everyone already owns a DS argument".

well if i never said that i would get flamed and banned. i am just trying to be nice and go undercover for a bit before i explode into a trolling frenzie lol

fkusumot said:
hunter_alien said:

@fkusumot : quality Jpa. games : MHP2G , Super Robot Taisen A Portable , Powerfull Pro Baseball 3 Portable , Valhalla Knights 2 , Bleach 5 , Musou Orochi , Star Ocean 2 , PES08 , Code Geass , Yuusya no Kuse ni Namaiki da , Tales of Rebirth , Ecochrome ... all of these games are all pretty good sellers ( lowest is in the 70k region ) and most have a pretty avid fanbase ;) So this could have helped ... and these are just some BTW .

The original person I was responding to was comparing the flow of great games for the PSP and the non-flow of great games for the DS. That was a joke post. I do appreciate your the sincere effort you put into making that list. PSP does have some great games.

Oh ... sorry , I hope my tone didnt seemed to agressive :P I know that I do seem overprotective sometimes ... OK , OK ofetn :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Popular game + redesign + low price = good sales

Because everyone in Japan already has a DS...