By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - why is psp selling so well in japan

Slim line release + lots of new great games + DS saturation = a recipe for some minor PSP success.

Around the Network

They're all waiting for DQ to be released, and they want to play something in the meantime.

What? this excuse gets used every time by ps3 fans.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

wfz said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Sherlock99 said:
Monster Hunter that's all wait until dragon quest is finally released the psp will be destroyed.

*Yawn*

Keep dreaming. The DS's time of dominance is over.

Not if crazy Nintendo fanboys have anything to say about it. Expect suicide bombers at Sony's door...

Seriously though, you think the PSP can catch up? By how much?

I didn't say catch up. By the DS will probably only sell more than the PSP for a short time after DQ launches and then plop down again. The series is too hardcore.

60K is selling well.

BAHAHAHAH.

jk i gues props to psp

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

That's true though , it is still selling more in North America and Others than Japan.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
wfz said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Sherlock99 said:
Monster Hunter that's all wait until dragon quest is finally released the psp will be destroyed.

*Yawn*

Not if crazy Nintendo fanboys have anything to say about it. Expect suicide bombers at Sony's door...

Seriously though, you think the PSP can catch up? By how much?

I didn't say catch up. By the DS will probably only sell more than the PSP for a short time after DQ launches and then plop down again. The series is too hardcore.

Of course sales of the DS will slow down, there is a point of saturation for everything. When approximately 1/6th of the country's population owns one, I think it's bound to slow down. What I'll be looking for is how the PSP software does compaerd to DS at this point, as that is all that matters this far into the war.

Well by "catch up" I meant gain ground. Now watch as I throw countless other words into your mouth.

...Actually it's really late, so I'll just head to bed.

MontanaHatchet said:
Sherlock99 said:

*Yawn*

Unless your Playstation fanboy youre crazy.

DS

23.01M Japan
23.70M America
28.19M Others

PSP

9.82M Japan
13.01M America
13.12M Others

If you check the absolute numbers, than you can see that Japan is the weakest market for the PSP. In my opinion it is right now closing this gap. Nothing wrong with this.

SnakeEyez said:
Im pretty sure that if the DS gets a new redesign and its smaller and idk, cool colors, it will start selling like crack again.

Sony could alos allways pull off a redesign , or a pricedrop ... oh , and with the success MHP2G is heaving Im certain that we are looking at leats at one more MH game for the PSP , and as you can see that allways boost sales . Luckily Japan is extremly handheld-friendly this gen. , and the DS hit somehow a saturation point ( well selling in 3 years as much as the PS2 did in 7 kindoff leads to a saturation of the market ) luckily for the PSP . Also the PSP is at a pretty low pricepoint to so .... thats just helps :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The people in Japan are crazy. Look at their high selling games and how low sales for everything is over there. unless its some from SE they dont give a shit.