By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
FishyJoe said:
cookingyourmama said:

Well for starters you're just concentrating on the wii, who's to say that some how the wii numbers are right but the 360 or ps3 numbers are wrong. Who's to say that the 1 million difference isn't a combination of wii's sold in south america, wii's in transit and wii's on store shelves?

Can you explain the ps3 numbers where aparantly the ps3 has sold next to nothing in south america.

Well you're free to think that there is a million unsold Wiis floating around the Americas. There is no point arguing with you if you really believe that. It's impossible to argue with someone who can't be somewhat reasonable.

No, of those million wii's some are sold in south america, some are on shelves and some are in transit, what's so hard to understand about that?

Around the Network
cookingyourmama said:
HappySqurriel said:
cookingyourmama said:

Well for starters you're just concentrating on the wii, who's to say that some how the wii numbers are right but the 360 or ps3 numbers are wrong. Who's to say that the 1 million difference isn't a combination of wii's sold in south america, wii's in transit and wii's on store shelves?

Can you explain the ps3 numbers where aparantly the ps3 has sold next to nothing in south america.

Expensive + Lack of personal piracy + Lack of Comercial piracy = poor sales in developing nations

There are many people (who I agree with) who say that music labels, movie studios, and game developers should start selling their content in developing nations at slightly higher than the cost to print the discs in order to create a legitimate market (and therefore kill the pirates). Currently, no company has taken this approach so you have the option of buying a modded system (and burning your own games), or buying stamped games for (less than) $5 ... Being that neither option works because of Blu-Ray who is going to buy a system where the games are (at least) 12 times as expensive as the competition?

So you're saying it's only sold 32,000~ after 10 months in south america yeah sure what ever you say.

Do you even know for certain the PS3 is released in South America yet? Cause I can't find any release date for it.

cookingyourmama said:
HappySqurriel said:
cookingyourmama said:

Expensive + Lack of personal piracy + Lack of Comercial piracy = poor sales in developing nations

There are many people (who I agree with) who say that music labels, movie studios, and game developers should start selling their content in developing nations at slightly higher than the cost to print the discs in order to create a legitimate market (and therefore kill the pirates). Currently, no company has taken this approach so you have the option of buying a modded system (and burning your own games), or buying stamped games for (less than) $5 ... Being that neither option works because of Blu-Ray who is going to buy a system where the games are (at least) 12 times as expensive as the competition?

So you're saying it's only sold 32,000~ after 10 months in south america hahaha yeah sure what ever you say.

You asked for a reason why the PS3 would perform worse in these countries ...

The (moronic) thing you seem to be arguing is that VGChartz is wrong, and NPD is right; and you constantly fail to see that (as FishyJoe demonstrated) VGChartz numbers as of March 31st match up really well with Nintendo's shipment numbers, VGChartz numbers for April and May match up fairly well with NPD's numbers, and VGChartz numbers for June don't seem out of line with what we would expect. If VGChartz numbers were as inaccurate as you suggest you should be able to demonstrate where the inaccuracy is comming from ...

cookingyourmama said:
FishyJoe said:
cookingyourmama said:

Well you're free to think that there is a million unsold Wiis floating around the Americas. There is no point arguing with you if you really believe that. It's impossible to argue with someone who can't be somewhat reasonable.

No, of those million wii's some are sold in south america, some are on shelves and some are in transit, what's so hard to understand about that?

You've just proved my entire point. You can't say VGC is inaccurate just by looking at NPD results because they don't account for these variables.

cookingyourmama said:

So you don't have any proof then and are just guessing, sorry i asked the question and you have to come up with the proof. Who says npd's numbers are off, again you have no conclusive proof.

Please come up with one intelligent reason why NPD would break with the standard approach and not adjust there numbers ... Please just one reason why they would accept being a tracking firm with useless data.

Around the Network

Although only partly related to this topic, does anybody know at what exact stage Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft count a console as being shipped and do we know if they all use the exact same stage?

koffieboon said:
cookingyourmama said:
HappySqurriel said:
cookingyourmama said:

So you're saying it's only sold 32,000~ after 10 months in south america yeah sure what ever you say.

Do you even know for certain the PS3 is released in South America yet? Cause I can't find any release date for it.

It was released in mexico 10 months ago.

cookingyourmama said:
koffieboon said:

It was released in mexico 10 months ago.

Mexico isn't part of South America as far as I know.

HappySqurriel said:
cookingyourmama said:
HappySqurriel said:
cookingyourmama said:

So you're saying it's only sold 32,000~ after 10 months in south america hahaha yeah sure what ever you say.

You asked for a reason why the PS3 would perform worse in these countries ...

The (moronic) thing you seem to be arguing is that VGChartz is wrong, and NPD is right; and you constantly fail to see that (as FishyJoe demonstrated) VGChartz numbers as of March 31st match up really well with Nintendo's shipment numbers, VGChartz numbers for April and May match up fairly well with NPD's numbers, and VGChartz numbers for June don't seem out of line with what we would expect. If VGChartz numbers were as inaccurate as you suggest you should be able to demonstrate where the inaccuracy is comming from ...

Yes i asked for a reason you gave an answer which you have no conclusive proof to back it up with and at the saem time i personally don't think the ps3 would have sold so poorly compared to the xbox360 and wii for just those reasons.

Also im not saying that npd is right and vgchartz is wrong because i don't think either are 100% correct. I was just pointing out the differences in data and seeing if anybody had any conclusive proof to show why one tracker has significantly higher data for certain consoles vs the other.

koffieboon said:
Although only partly related to this topic, does anybody know at what exact stage Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft count a console as being shipped and do we know if they all use the exact same stage?

I'm not certain of the exact stages of all three console manufacturers accounting practices at the moment, but with there fiscal 2007 report Sony changed their shipped numbers to reflect the shipment out of their hands to retailers (and I believe it was from their factories to warehouses before this).