By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 catching up to Wii in Japanese sales

MGSIV month... it's no surprise that the ps3 did better than usual

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
DarkLord2008 said:
PS3 = 139,494 units V's Xbox 360 = 10,964 units. PS3 wins by 128530 consoles.

what is this? some selective moment in time somewhere? what are you on about?  go away.    did you even look at the figs i posted for Japan earlier...

Nintendo sold 235,990 units of its Wii console in the five weeks ended June 29, while sales of the PS3 came to 139,494 units, Enterbrain said. Microsoft Corp's (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) Xbox 360 trails the pack, with sales of 10,964 units.

^FYI my numbers are taken from the source.

Play nice, everyone. The poor journalist had a deadline, and "Wii wins again" is getting to be old hat, so if you squint really hard and ignore the obvious then this article is perfectly understandable.

In other news after months of no GC sales, a random person bought one at Gamestop the other day shrinking the PS2's usual monthly marketshare.

THE GC IS CATCHING UP!!!!!

NJ5 attempts irony, but is struck down by l'Hopital's rule. He must have taken buisness calc.

Around the Network

OK, so......when did this turn into a Sony/XBox 360 Japan sales thread?? Perhaps I mis-read the title, please explain. Oh, and if I read the thread properly, it was doing well until a Sony troll pointed out the sales lead Sony has over the 360, so dont point the finger at any XBox fans for getting defensive. Lets just stick to the topic shall we.

kowenicki said:

Agreed..

So in summary, the PS3 is NOT catching up to the Wii.... anywhere!!

bububububu ...

Percentages say otherwise!

kowenicki said:
Godot said:
kowenicki said:
DarkLord2008 said:
PS3 outsells the X360 13 to 1.

er.... ?  i dont think it does..  anywhere in this universe.

Yes. In a far away galaxy.... called Japan.

You mean Japan, Asia, The World.... just to clarify...

Because there it has outsold it by 3.5:1 lifetime to date and by about 5:1 this week (still benefitting from the MGS4 bump)

13:1?  miles off!

Umm... he was talking about monthly sales in Japan. For the month of June, PS3 sold just under 140K, the 360 sold just over 10K. That would be roughly 13:1. Maybe you should have gone to specsavers.

Check FishyJoe's sig;

alephnull said:

NJ5 attempts irony, but is struck down by l'Hopital's rule. He must have taken buisness calc.

Only for certain meanings of "catching up" which were not intended :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957