By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PS3 catching up to Wii in Japanese sales

that journalist.....is one silly goose.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Around the Network

@TaurusVGC - nice background graphic in that chart - Wii and DS from the heavens!

Anyways, [copy/paste] Clearly the PS3 had one of its biggest releases and wasn't outsold by as big a margin as usual. But to report the the PS3 is closing the gap is misleading and pretty dumb. It would mean that the PS3 would have a sustained boost, which it hasn't. It's already dropped like a rock after the OMGS4 spike. Rueter's sucks for this one...

The thing I find amazing is that after the two biggest games of the year (worldwide) for the PS3 have been released, Grand Theft Auto 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4, and the PS3 has failed to outperform the Wii there are still people who are predicting the PS3 will have a magical turn-around.

Kenology said:
@TaurusVGC - nice background graphic in that chart - Wii and DS from the heavens!

Anyways, [copy/paste] Clearly the PS3 had one of its biggest releases and wasn't outsold by as big a margin as usual. But to report the the PS3 is closing the gap is misleading and pretty dumb. It would mean that the PS3 would have a sustained boost, which it hasn't. It's already dropped like a rock after the OMGS4 spike. Rueter's sucks for this one...

These are actually PantherLotus' awesome charts so all credits go to him. :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11731426&postcount=212

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Dolla Dolla said:

This phrase "catching up" ...

I do not think it means what you think it means ...

Hahahaha.  Oh, that made me laugh.  Thanks Dolla Dolla.  How appropriate.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
Are analysts retarded or something? The 1.7:1 margin was due to the huge but momentary MGS4 boost. Now it's only the third week after MGS4 and the Wii is already outselling the PS3 by over 3:1 again in Japan.

he doesnt car he just wanted to take teh check sony was offering for good press

If you plot the derivative of the LTD sales graph, the PS3 is catching up :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I thought this was a joke thread but then I noticed someone actually believes this. Let's just remember drugs are bad people!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

PS3 = 139,494 units V's Xbox 360 = 10,964 units. PS3 wins by 128530 consoles.

Mmmyeah. Silly analyst. Well, 'nuff said.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046