By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A theory of why KH3 or FFVII remake will be on Wii

Square enix should make kh3 on wii and ff7 remake on ps3.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Bingoo said:
both KH and FF are both more hardcore games then anything. Its highly unlikely that casuals will just buy into it. Hell alot of the casuals dont even know about mario, they just care about playing tennis on the wii. It should belong on hardcore platforms where generally more core gamers reside.

Also both are big time in the graphics department. THats why the demand for ps3 ff 7 is because it would be fantastic to see it in some awsome graphics. The wii would be a huge letdown. It also applies to KH.

Also how would you implement the motion? Maybe in KH 3 but not FF 7.

You persume that the wii is bringing in new gamers who would be interested in these things. Which there will be a few, but highly unlikely.

I agree with this in reference to FFVII. The Wii's greatest strength lies in its innovative controls. With FFVII, fans just want the same game with prettier graphics. They don't want a reinvention of the gameplay, and that's the type of thing that the Wii would best be suited for.

And the game would sell 6-7 million easy regardless of which platform it is released upon.

Kingdom Hearts 3, however, could utilize the Wii's controls in a positive way, and given Disney's liking for Nintendo, combined with SE's lust for money, the Wii seems like the perfect fit for KH3, despite what some fans may want.

Really what the fans want doesn't matter. If what you say is true... that it will make 6-7 million on any platform it releases on...

why would you as Square Enix release it on PS3... you'd be idiots... since you'd be doubling your profits on the Wii?

Or even better... DS. (Assuming DS counts.)

I mean if what the fans wanted mattered FF7 would be released.

I mean FF1-6 would be better on the PS3 then DS as well... yet where'd they go?

I still predict FFVII getting ported to the DS and getting remade for the PSP. S-E has shown they love the portables for their ports and remakes. So that is the most likely to me (but I won't insist on it).

As for Sony's share of S-E stock, they haven't stopped S-E from supporting other systems yet, so why start now? Sony doesn't really lose anything. They just get some extra money, since a diverse, and profitable, portfolio would just help S-E's stock price.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Kasz216 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Bingoo said:
both KH and FF are both more hardcore games then anything. Its highly unlikely that casuals will just buy into it. Hell alot of the casuals dont even know about mario, they just care about playing tennis on the wii. It should belong on hardcore platforms where generally more core gamers reside.

Also both are big time in the graphics department. THats why the demand for ps3 ff 7 is because it would be fantastic to see it in some awsome graphics. The wii would be a huge letdown. It also applies to KH.

Also how would you implement the motion? Maybe in KH 3 but not FF 7.

You persume that the wii is bringing in new gamers who would be interested in these things. Which there will be a few, but highly unlikely.

I agree with this in reference to FFVII. The Wii's greatest strength lies in its innovative controls. With FFVII, fans just want the same game with prettier graphics. They don't want a reinvention of the gameplay, and that's the type of thing that the Wii would best be suited for.

And the game would sell 6-7 million easy regardless of which platform it is released upon.

Kingdom Hearts 3, however, could utilize the Wii's controls in a positive way, and given Disney's liking for Nintendo, combined with SE's lust for money, the Wii seems like the perfect fit for KH3, despite what some fans may want.

Really what the fans want doesn't matter. If what you say is true... that it will make 6-7 million on any platform it releases on...

why would you as Square Enix release it on PS3... you'd be idiots... since you'd be doubling your profits on the Wii?

Or even better... DS. (Assuming DS counts.)

I mean if what the fans wanted mattered FF7 would be released.

I mean FF1-6 would be better on the PS3 then DS as well... yet where'd they go?

Doubling profits on Wii?

Let's say it would sell seven million on either console.  PS3 games cost $10 more than Wii games, so let's also say that SE would get about $4 of that $10 per copy sold.

7,000,000 X $4 = $28,000,000 extra in revenue.  Would a ps3 version cost that much more to develop over a Wii version?

Also, NES/SNES to DS is more than a generational leap, providing them ample opportunity to improve those games.  PS1 to DS would be like moving from the PS2 to Wii.  There wouldn't that much difference (what, half a gen in tech?) outside of the control scheme.  It would be a port moreso than a remake.

The tech demos alone show that they have something special in store for their best selling title.  Even if it didn't come to the ps3, I'd expect it to hit one of the home consoles.

@MakingMusic IIRCC Ps3 games have about 4 times the development costs of wii games.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
@MakingMusic IIRCC Ps3 games have about 4 times the development costs of wii games.

Got a link?  I find that a tad bit hard to believe, unless the developers in question are wasting most of the Wii's tech.

Well this thread is all I could find, but I remember another where it had a chart from this one site. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=9478

hmm i'd like to see kingdom hearts 3 and a ff7 on ps3 , if not i'll just buy a wii.

And members here thinks futuristic Zelda and Final Fantasy Vi remake on the Wii was impossible. If FF VI was supposed to be on DS and it shouldnt be on the wii what more on FF VII which is originally in a SONY platform?

And yeah, its not Squeenix that will decide on kingdomn hearts its Disney, if Disney wish they can move the production of the kingdom Hearts in another developer, and seem Nintendo was a very good candidate.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Ok, I don't want to shatter your dreams, but there will never be a FFVII remake for Wii. Also not for PS3, unless sales start increasing dramatically.

Let me explain: FFVII is not only THE FF, it's also THE Square Enix game (and maybe even THE RPG). If a VII remake will ever come it has to be perfect. Wii is a great machine, but SE can't release a VII remake that looks a lot worse than 13, they just can't. Visuals are a very important aspect of the FF series and they'll want to make the most gorgeous game ver if they remake VII.

They'll also want to sell at least on par with the original, that means enormous Japanese sales are needed to achieve that. Unless the PS3 start selling a lot more than they are doing now, especially in Japan, it also won't see a VII remake.

Maybe next gen.