By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A theory of why KH3 or FFVII remake will be on Wii

sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:
both KH and FF are both more hardcore games then anything. Its highly unlikely that casuals will just buy into it. Hell alot of the casuals dont even know about mario, they just care about playing tennis on the wii. It should belong on hardcore platforms where generally more core gamers reside.

Also both are big time in the graphics department. THats why the demand for ps3 ff 7 is because it would be fantastic to see it in some awsome graphics. The wii would be a huge letdown. It also applies to KH.

Also how would you implement the motion? Maybe in KH 3 but not FF 7.

You persume that the wii is bringing in new gamers who would be interested in these things. Which there will be a few, but highly unlikely.

Look how hardcore KH is. 

OH and look how it revolves around Graffex. OMgz. It needz to be on the ps3.

yes and all the casual soccer moms play KH. Whats your point. KH is not casual. It has alot of characters who are well recognized so what.

The graphics are still a key part of KH. Sure they are not the best, but a HD KH would be nice.

It can belong on wii or ps3 360 or wii for all i care i have all consoles. Stop with your fanboyism its annoying i dont care what console its on.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Around the Network
the_bloodwalker said:
And they are making Crystal tools Wii compatible as well. They plan to use Nintendo's console's capabilities too

We're talking about possiblilities here. Given the sudden change of Monster Hunter 3 from PS3 to Wii (the first game in the franchise in a Nintendo platform) I really don't know what to expect from japanese companies.

Well Cpacom and SE have rather disimmilar corporate strategies.  Capcom ported RE1/2 to the N64 shortly after they were released on the ps1.  They signed an deal with Nintendo for five GameCube "exclusives" and then proceeded to port most of them less than a year after release.

Capcom screws companies over left and right for more cash.  That's just the way they work.

SE, however, is a different company.  Plans for CC:FFVII and FF: Dissidia remained completely unchanged despite the DS's successs and the PSP's (at the time) failure.

And then there are always demographics. Why does MH stay on the PSP despite the DS' success?  Because they sell like gangbusters on the PSP, and the entire fanbase is on the PSP.  If the FF fanbase moves to the ps3 for FFXIII, it would make sense to put FFVII on the ps3 as well, as it should sell due to the existing demographic, and increase sales of FFXIII/FFVXIII by bringing even more FF fans to the platform for whom FFXIII/FFVXIII alone weren't enough to buy a system.

z101 said:
makingmusic476 said:

Kingdoms Hearts? Probably.

FFVII? After this and later this, I think it's unlikely.

The Videos are old. Two years ago Sony thought that the PS3 will be the next king of consoles. I don't know if FF7 will come to Wii, but that would be a smart move from square enix.

makingmusic476 said:

With FFVII, fans just want the same game with prettier graphics.  They don't want a reinvention of the gameplay, and that's the type of thing that the Wii would best be suited for.

Really? I don't know if so much FF-Fans would play FF7 again. A big part from the FF-Games are the story twists, but everyone who played the game once knows the story. I played it once and I will not play it again. But the Wii market has players who never played FF7.

The only reason I could think of why sony not release FF7 on the Wii is they don't want to get sony angry. But today sony is not the big number in the video business anymore, perhaps square enix doesn't care about sonys irritation.

Says who you assume WAY TO MUCH.

first off who says it would be a smart move. Alot of loyal fans bought into the ps3 with the promise of FF being on it in HI definition. We cant know if it would be good or bad to move it to the wii, though i would be guessing bad.

Yea the wii market has players that never played it....and have zero interest in ever touching it. People assume that all the casuals want these games, when they dont really care. Heck they dont even know about the new mario, let alone a FF 7 remake on the wii.

Bingoo said:
sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:
both KH and FF are both more hardcore games then anything. Its highly unlikely that casuals will just buy into it. Hell alot of the casuals dont even know about mario, they just care about playing tennis on the wii. It should belong on hardcore platforms where generally more core gamers reside.

Also both are big time in the graphics department. THats why the demand for ps3 ff 7 is because it would be fantastic to see it in some awsome graphics. The wii would be a huge letdown. It also applies to KH.

You persume that the wii is bringing in new gamers who would be interested in these things. Which there will be a few, but highly unlikely.

Look how hardcore KH is. 

yes and all the casual soccer moms play KH. Whats your point. KH is not casual. It has alot of characters who are well recognized so what.

The graphics are still a key part of KH. Sure they are not the best, but a HD KH would be nice.

It can belong on wii or ps3 360 or wii for all i care i have all consoles. Stop with your fanboyism its annoying i dont care what console its on.

How was I being a fanboy?<- (Answer this question. I hate when people call others fanboys and then don't back up their statements) Firstly your statement only works if the wii is all casuals. Secondly KH3 is a game that targets both audience in the way that mario does. Thirdly Casual Gamers=/= non gamers. Soccer Moms are non-gamers, kids,some people who don't have the time, etc are Casual Gamers. There is a big difference. ALso why would graphics matter in a game like KH3? It would look nicer, but that doesn't mean the game would be any worse with worse graphics.

the_bloodwalker said:

the tech demo and the PSP prequel were also indications for me that a PS3 remake of FFVII was possible, but there are a few problems.

SquareEnix take a lot of time to deliver FFXIII and the other HD RPG's. They want to give the best quality. With that kind of delay starting development on the remake will probably not make it till the mid of the other generation of consoles (after PS3). We're talking about visual art here, that takes a lot of time and more resources.

And Square Enix, like any company, wants to get profit and money. The wii can be their chance. 

or a huge risk. It can be seen as putting spin offs on the wii in order to INTEREST the casuals and familiar them with the series.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:
sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:

Look how hardcore KH is. 

How was I being a fanboy?<- (Answer this question. I hate when people call others fanboys and then don't back up their statements) Firstly your statement only works if the wii is all casuals. Secondly KH3 is a game that targets both audience in the way that mario does. Thirdly Casual Gamers=/= non gamers. Soccer Moms are non-gamers, kids,some people who don't have the time, etc are Casual Gamers. There is a big difference. ALso why would graphics matter in a game like KH3? It would look nicer, but that doesn't mean the game would be any worse with worse graphics.

fanboy was the wrong word and i appologize, i should have put you didnt need to be a jerk about it. OMG the graffex. Its still a good looking game on the ps2. I wouuld expect it have high visuals in the next gen.

Its well known that most wii owners are generally casual owners, most of my friends who own a wii dont really care, and just play tennis on it. Thats not to say there are many fans of nintendo who are core/hardcore gamers. But most are going to be casuals. Casuals will generally have no interest in games like these, because of the combat/gameplay.

Graphics are important to some people. And of course it doesnt mean it would be any worse, but theres also the possiblity of it being better with better graphics (and vice versa)

Torillian said:
I don't understand why bringing in people who have never played RPG's before needs to be done with a known franchise. It needs to be a very good game no doubt, but a known franchise would be unnecessary to bring in new people imo.

this is the key. right here

Bingoo said:
sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:
sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:

Look how hardcore KH is. 

fanboy was the wrong word and i appologize, i should have put you didnt need to be a jerk about it. OMG the graffex. Its still a good looking game on the ps2. I wouuld expect it have high visuals in the next gen.

Its well known that most wii owners are generally casual owners, most of my friends who own a wii dont really care, and just play tennis on it. Thats not to say there are many fans of nintendo who are core/hardcore gamers. But most are going to be casuals. Casuals will generally have no interest in games like these, because of the combat/gameplay.

Graphics are important to some people. And of course it doesnt mean it would be any worse, but theres also the possiblity of it being better with better graphics (and vice versa)

I'm sorry for using sarcasm, and could have put it in a nicer way. Well judging by how well hardcore games sell in comparison to casual games(50/50) I would say about half of the userbase is hardcore and the other half is casual. This is assuming that only hardcore gamers buy hardcore games( Like you beleive). Kh is a game that targets both audiences in the same way that Mario does. Also for the graphics thing I could do the same, but replace it with controls. And I never thought of KH as having good graphics last gen. I would think of them as average. Anyway the wii would be a big advancement over the ps2. In the same way the ps360 are over the wii.

sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:
sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:
sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:

Look how hardcore KH is. 

I'm sorry for using sarcasm, and could have put it in a nicer way. Well judging by how well hardcore games sell in comparison to casual games(50/50) I would say about half of the userbase is hardcore and the other half is casual. This is assuming that only hardcore gamers buy hardcore games( Like you beleive). Kh is a game that targets both audiences in the same way that Mario does. Also for the graphics thing I could do the same, but replace it with controls. And I never thought of KH as having good graphics last gen. I would think of them as average. Anyway the wii would be a big advancement over the ps2. In the same way the ps360 are over the wii.

no i dont believe that only hardcore will buy it. I dont think it will lure casuals like most believe but alot of casuals may give it a try.

personally i think kh3 on the wii is a great idea and the best way to go. I just listed reasons why it might not. Long as they put in some awsome motion controls then its all good with me, if not, then it should go multi.

Bingoo said:
sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:
sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:
sc94597 said:
Bingoo said:

Look how hardcore KH is. 

no i dont believe that only hardcore will buy it. I dont think it will lure casuals like most believe but alot of casuals may give it a try.

personally i think kh3 on the wii is a great idea and the best way to go. I just listed reasons why it might not. Long as they put in some awsome motion controls then its all good with me, if not, then it should go multi.

Agreed, just not use motion controls for everything. I think they should map the A button as the main attack button, but then use some special attacks that utilize motion controls. There are just so many heartless that you would have to fight your arm would get tired. It would be similar to how no more heroes played.