By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A theory of why KH3 or FFVII remake will be on Wii

I think there is a possibility that KH III will show up on Wii but it is almost impossible for FF7 remake to be on the Wii. It would be reasonable for KH3 to be on Wii because it will be able to utilize the Wii-Mote more so than FF7 remake would. Also I feel that Square would rather make the FF7 remake on PS3. The main FF series has always looked good and there would be a more radical jump from PS1 to PS3 than PS1 to Wii. It would still look good on Wii but I think they would still want to release it on PS3. Also if they were to make the FF7 remake I think that Sony would not allow them to put it on any other systems because it would be able to change the entire consol race.

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

Around the Network

I don't understand why bringing in people who have never played RPG's before needs to be done with a known franchise. It needs to be a very good game no doubt, but a known franchise would be unnecessary to bring in new people imo.

Doesn't Sony own the rights to FFVII? Failed

the_bloodwalker said:

@ FilaBrasileiro

True, the possibility is in all platforms.

But the Wii in my opinion has the higher chances based on which I presented. It hasnothing to do with technology specs, but more to cater to a wider audience beyond Xbox360 and PS3.

DS has many games from SE in order to introduce themselves to the new audience with low development costs and get good profit in the process, then they can deliver n the Wii with a bang.

On PSP there has been games but there will most likely be new franchises or very good spinoffs that are masterpieces of their own, but the audience is not as powerful as the DS beyond the Japanese Market and the cost is higher than a DS game not to mention the development time. Not to insult the PSP (is a very cool handheld)

if the wii truely is going to be the dominant console, many of the gamers are going to be part of the 120 million ps2 owners.  so the "wider audience beyond 360/ps3" is just a guess at this time, and would that new "wider audience" who wouldn't know about ff7 or kh be interested in such a game.  no body knows.

the second bolded part is the key, they aren't developing for ds to "introduce themselves to a wider audience" they are showing the DS a lot of love because it is dirt cheap to develop for and sells games by the truck load for high profits.  and the psp does cost more to develop for, but it is also dirt cheap compared to consoles, so there is good profit there also.

sc, it has been discussed to death, the characters don't make a game core or casual, the gameplay does.  otherwise I guess Zelda Wind Waker is the most casual Zelda ever because Link was pretty much a child in that game and what core game puts such a small child as the lead?

given Disney's liking for Nintendo, combined with SE's lust for money, the DS seems like the perfect fit for KH3
If it is all about maximizing profit and reaching the Disney audience (not to mention 40 million bigger userbase and slowly growing), DS is much better than Wii.

SnakeEyez said:
Doesn't Sony own the rights to FFVII? Failed

I beleive they only published it in the U.S. So I don't think so.

Around the Network

^Sony published it in NA and Europe while Square published it in Japan.

This is what happens when there's nothing to do(or just plain lazy)..

Obviously the OP ran out of ideas and started to run this looping argument again.

Can't we just leave this stupid topic at the bottom of the ocean?

One more reason FFVII would probably hit the ps3, if anything this gen: With FFXIII and FFVersusXIII hitting the ps3, most of the FF fanbase will probably own ps3s. Throw FFVII in with the others, and it would provide further incentive for these people buy ps3s, and then buy these games. It would strengthen the target demographic for all three games on the system, and improve sales of each.

cwbys21 said:
the_bloodwalker said:

@ FilaBrasileiro

True, the possibility is in all platforms.

But the Wii in my opinion has the higher chances based on which I presented. It hasnothing to do with technology specs, but more to cater to a wider audience beyond Xbox360 and PS3.

DS has many games from SE in order to introduce themselves to the new audience with low development costs and get good profit in the process, then they can deliver n the Wii with a bang.

On PSP there has been games but there will most likely be new franchises or very good spinoffs that are masterpieces of their own, but the audience is not as powerful as the DS beyond the Japanese Market and the cost is higher than a DS game not to mention the development time. Not to insult the PSP (is a very cool handheld)

if the wii truely is going to be the dominant console, many of the gamers are going to be part of the 120 million ps2 owners.  so the "wider audience beyond 360/ps3" is just a guess at this time, and would that new "wider audience" who wouldn't know about ff7 or kh be interested in such a game.  no body knows.

the second bolded part is the key, they aren't developing for ds to "introduce themselves to a wider audience" they are showing the DS a lot of love because it is dirt cheap to develop for and sells games by the truck load for high profits.  and the psp does cost more to develop for, but it is also dirt cheap compared to consoles, so there is good profit there also.

sc, it has been discussed to death, the characters don't make a game core or casual, the gameplay does.  otherwise I guess Zelda Wind Waker is the most casual Zelda ever because Link was pretty much a child in that game and what core game puts such a small child as the lead?

given Disney's liking for Nintendo, combined with SE's lust for money, the DS seems like the perfect fit for KH3
If it is all about maximizing profit and reaching the Disney audience (not to mention 40 million bigger userbase and slowly growing), DS is much better than Wii.

Of course not, but I wouldn't call KH the most of the hardcore. Also while characters definately don't make a game casual, these characters could target the casual audience. I would say KH targets both crowds.  Oh and kh3 won't go to the ds, because the ds is getting a spinoff, and by the time they are done with the game the ds would most likely be suceeded.

makingmusic476 said:

Kingdoms Hearts? Probably.

FFVII? After this and later this, I think it's unlikely.

The Videos are old. Two years ago Sony thought that the PS3 will be the next king of consoles. I don't know if FF7 will come to Wii, but that would be a smart move from square enix.

makingmusic476 said:

With FFVII, fans just want the same game with prettier graphics.  They don't want a reinvention of the gameplay, and that's the type of thing that the Wii would best be suited for.

Really? I don't know if so much FF-Fans would play FF7 again. A big part from the FF-Games are the story twists, but everyone who played the game once knows the story. I played it once and I will not play it again. But the Wii market has players who never played FF7.

The only reason I could think of why sony not release FF7 on the Wii is they don't want to get sony angry. But today sony is not the big number in the video business anymore, perhaps square enix doesn't care about sonys irritation.