By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A theory of why KH3 or FFVII remake will be on Wii

memory2zack said:
Technically, Disney can´t ditch SE from KH. Firstly it´s co-published by both and secondly there are both copyrights belonging to Disney and SE. Also, all the unique KH creations ( like Sora, Riku, Kairi, Organization XIII and so on) are Nomura´s work, thus copyrights belong to him and SE.
If Disney broke their relation with SE they would either have to buy whatever copyrights belong to SE in order to keep the universe intact or they will just have to do a KH game without all these which would have not a single relation to the previous KHs. Pretty much impossible for that to happen.

Actually Sora, Riku and the like belong to Disney as they were considered "on contract" to Disney when created.

You can look it up, the only things SE own are the Final Fantasy Characters.

Soriku probably has the link somewhere.  He's put it up a couple times.

Around the Network

The Nintendo universe is better.
KH3 with Disney and Nintendo characters is a perfect fit.
SE can suck it.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

wfz said:
Leetgeek said:
I know some people will get mad at this but the Wii's success is the reason that it doesn't get big budget games. Game developers know they can (often) make low budget trashware on it and it will still sell a million plus units. It's fucked up and it's unfair to Wii owners and it's the reason I'm waiting for a price drop to get one.

Now a cutscene heavy game like KH3 or an FF7 remake I can think of the perfect console for that.

Exactly! The Wii is the perfect system, because it has a major lack of grade AAA third party support. The first few amazing AAA titles that come out on the wii are going to get absolutely gobbled up by the Wii owners like it was food given to starving children.

And it has Disney characters, it's going to have huge recognition if they advertise it right.

(Yes I realized I just completely flipped your post on your face, unless you did mean the Wii..)

Wellllll. You can't use the Wii is a more family friendly system arguement because you didn't see KH on gamecube... Though it's larger install base is of course a valid arguement. 

But bear in mind you have not seen a single screenshot for this game so you know it's not comming out untill at least 2010. By that time a lot of people are going to be looking for a bluray player for the HDTV they just picked up on sale at Costco, they'll be looking twoards the PS3 which will be around $200 at that point. Disney is going to be looking to pump money out of these people and sell them Aladin etc on bluray for little Jimmy. As icing on the cake they can also pick up Kingdom Hearts for Sally.  You don't think disney doesn't want bluray in as many peoples homes  as possible? We're talking about MILLONS of dollars here. Why make a big budget game on wii when they can make a low budget game on  Wii that will sell the same. 

So ask yourself a question: If you are disney which console do you wan't  to entice people to buy?

Why Kingdom Hearts III Might Go To The Wii:

In 2002 the Kingdom Hearts series launched. You know what people thought about it? That it was going to fail because of its casual apperance. Since the PS2 was a casual system, guess what happened. It went on to become a multi-million seller. This was since that people did not see it as a hardcore game. It was seen as casual because of its quirky characters and TV icons. The Wii has seen incredible success with the casual market. Putting Kingdom Hearts on the Wii would be a great move since most of the casual demograph would see Donald Duck and quirky characters and what casual would not buy that? If it went on to the PS3, the people who would buy it would be its die hard fans, a significantly smaller market than the casual buyers.

If it goes to the Wii, it will have monstorous sales. This is pretty much a no-brainer. Since the Wii has the casual fanbase that Square Enix is looking for, you can pretty much guarantee that the game will sell millions. The Wii is expected to outsell the PS2, and the PS3 will be lucky to pass the NES. With a console upwards of a hundred million, it would be insane not to release it. It also does not make sense to go multi-platform. At the absolute earliest, Kingdom Hearts III will release in 2010, and by then the Wii will be ahead of the PS3 and 360 combined. Multiplatform means they would have to use the two completely different engines of the Wii and PS3 and make Kingdom Hearts 3 out of scratch for both of them. Not only could this potentially make the game release later, it could also cost a lot of money and they might not see all of it back.

And I hear some people saying that if it goes to the Wii, the gameplay and graphics and story would suffer. I toss this away as ignorant bullcrap. The Wii is much, much more powerful than the PS2. And the PS2 was not even the most powerful console to release Kingdom Hearts for. If graphics truly mattered, they would release it for the Xbox. And Kingdom Hearts does not rely on realism, it relies on art style. I'm sure the Wii could pull nice art style for Kingdom Hearts. And some say Kingdom Hearts is cutscene heavy and can not work for the Wii. Once again, the Wii is more powerful and can handle the cutscenes for Kingdom Hearts and make them twice as nice as Kingdom Hearts II. And for the gameplay. If it is released for the Wii, I do not think that Square Enix would make the WiiMote for the Keyblade as the only choice. They could offer many different control schemes for it, such as the one I just mentioned, mapping the commands to the different buttons/movements on the WiiMote, and using the command menu.

Final Word: The Wii is the most logical choice for Kingdom Hearts III.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Quote from the infamous Wada interview.

"The Wii is the antithesis of the Xbox 360. It's strictly for hardcore gamers. The attachment rate for the Xbox 360 is much higher than for the Wii. People who buy the 360 really like games... I think the current trend is that most people aren't buying the Wii as a game machine, but as a toy... It seems that Sony isn't sure what it wants to do. Is it making high-end electronics or a game console for gamers? I want them to clearly define their console."

And the next thing you know, they have four titles coming out for the Xbox 360, 3 for PS3 and two so far for the Wii. So tell me, where do you think that next KH or remake FF7 coming out to.

Honestly, I stated before that KH and the Wii are a match made in family fun heaven, so something from the KH series will come to the Wii. Just don't get upset if its a bit more family friendly than it was in the best, if that was possible.
And unless if they "simplify" it, I don't think a remake of FF7 would hit the Wii. Maybe an DQ swords or something like that but not like the tech demo saw for the PS3.

I'm just saying...

Around the Network
Leetgeek said:
wfz said:
Leetgeek said:
I know some people will get mad at this but the Wii's success is the reason that it doesn't get big budget games. Game developers know they can (often) make low budget trashware on it and it will still sell a million plus units. It's fucked up and it's unfair to Wii owners and it's the reason I'm waiting for a price drop to get one.

Now a cutscene heavy game like KH3 or an FF7 remake I can think of the perfect console for that.

Exactly! The Wii is the perfect system, because it has a major lack of grade AAA third party support. The first few amazing AAA titles that come out on the wii are going to get absolutely gobbled up by the Wii owners like it was food given to starving children.

And it has Disney characters, it's going to have huge recognition if they advertise it right.

(Yes I realized I just completely flipped your post on your face, unless you did mean the Wii..)

Wellllll. You can't use the Wii is a more family friendly system arguement because you didn't see KH on gamecube... Though it's larger install base is of course a valid arguement. 

But bear in mind you have not seen a single screenshot for this game so you know it's not comming out untill at least 2010. By that time a lot of people are going to be looking for a bluray player for the HDTV they just picked up on sale at Costco, they'll be looking twoards the PS3 which will be around $200 at that point. Disney is going to be looking to pump money out of these people and sell them Aladin etc on bluray for little Jimmy. As icing on the cake they can also pick up Kingdom Hearts for Sally.  You don't think disney doesn't want bluray in as many peoples homes  as possible? We're talking about MILLONS of dollars here. Why make a big budget game on wii when they can make a low budget game on  Wii that will sell the same. 

So ask yourself a question: If you are disney which console do you wan't  to entice people to buy?

Gamecube was the mainstream system last generation? I never said anything about being family-friendly, I was just talking about mass appeal. =P I believe the PS2 easily had that last generation, like the Wii does this one.

You could be right about the Blu-Ray, but I have no idea what goes on at Disney, and what the head honchos are planning. We'll just have to wait and see!

If I was Disney, right now I'd rather put the game on the Wii. In a few years?...I have no idea. I don't see how the PS3 is going to magically take off (or Blu-Ray for that matter). How do we know downloadable content isn't going to reign supreme? Sure it's not practical for everyone, but I'd bet most of the tech savvy have a nice internet connection. Do the masses care about the picture quality difference that Blu-Ray offers compared to DVD, when you consider the price difference? We'll see.

One question, does Disney's gaming division overlap with their other media divisions? The more they overlap the more I could see Disney wanting to promote Blu-Ray, but I'm not so certain that it's a priority for their gaming division.

LordTheNightKnight said:
BengaBenga said:
Ok, I don't want to shatter your dreams, but there will never be a FFVII remake for Wii. Also not for PS3, unless sales start increasing dramatically.

Let me explain: FFVII is not only THE FF, it's also THE Square Enix game (and maybe even THE RPG). If a VII remake will ever come it has to be perfect. Wii is a great machine, but SE can't release a VII remake that looks a lot worse than 13, they just can't. Visuals are a very important aspect of the FF series and they'll want to make the most gorgeous game ver if they remake VII.

They'll also want to sell at least on par with the original, that means enormous Japanese sales are needed to achieve that. Unless the PS3 start selling a lot more than they are doing now, especially in Japan, it also won't see a VII remake.

Maybe next gen.

Sorry, but those reasons are faulty. S-E stated that the cost of remaking the game for the PS3 would be too much, sales or no. So they don't really feel the game has to look the best it can, or cost would not be an issue. Heck, the reason it was on the PS1 in the first place was to get around cost issues.

So economy would be the main factor, even though graphics would still be important. That would mean the PSP and the Wii, or both, would be the best bet, due to how both games are selling. The DS is only out because this is about a remake, not a port.

Got a link?

And did you know its possible to run through walls? Its actually scientific fact that anything is possible so this thread is pointless haha.

P.S it really is possible to run through a wall look it up and then go try it

B

sc94597 said:
Well this thread is all I could find, but I remember another where it had a chart from this one site. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=9478

The numbers in that thread don't really support your argument.  Most of the numbers being thrown around in that thread imply that ps3 games will cost 2-3x as much as a Wii game, aside form a few exceptions like Killzone 2.  Of course, they listed exceptions for the Nintendo side as well.  mrstickball mentioned Super Mario 64 (64, not Galaxy) costing $15 million, though I'm not sure how true that is.  I'm sure SMG cost loads as well.

Some last gen games were highly expensive.  FFXII cost $35 million, and I really doubt that FFXIII is going to cost 4x that, or $140 million, especially with Killzone 2, one of the most expensive games this gen (if not THE most expensive game this gen), only topping $40 million (though I'm sure it's closer to $50 million now).  Hell, even $100 million seems to high for FXIII.  Halo 3 only cost $60 million, and half of that went towards the biggest marketing campaign in the history of media entertainment.

mr.elite said:
And did you know its possible to run through walls? Its actually scientific fact that anything is possible so this thread is pointless haha.

P.S it really is possible to run through a wall look it up and then go try it

That part made me lol.