By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo floods the market with Wii?

[with my eyes pointed towards especially Sqrl I say]

I hope people around here will someday grow up. I said I didn't know exactly how many there were, I estimated about 300. I get attacked, I post some proof showing the bulk of Wiis in stock there and no apology whatsoever.

Just hanging on straws to keep doubt over what I said might actually be true, just to not have to admit you might have behaved childishly.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Yes we have. Sorry.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

I come here with positive news, news from just around the corner from where I live. Why can't people be more positive?

If you have something interesting to share, please do. I won't try to put anyone down.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

josenieves1 said:
Yes we have. Sorry.

Thanks.

PS3 vs 360 sales

@MikeB. No problema. Your posts always are interesting. Many times I do not concur, but nevertheless interesting.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Around the Network

I guess this is why the Wii is destroying so easily the ps3 in europe. Thanks Nintendo, now we only need more Wii Fits =P

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

And that's MediaMarkt for you. They ship in big quantities, and their shipments fluctuate.

When I was looking for my current 40" Samsung LCD, they had at the very least some 250 on display in one store (and quite a few more in the warehouse, since they specifically advised me not to take one of the boxes on display and instead take one from the warehouse, which I did). Incidentally, they hadn't a single unit on display in a store just 10km away. And this is a ~100x70x30cm box we're talking.

Besides, most of Europe hasn't really been a problem in terms of Wii stock, if you're a just little persistent. And with the strong Euro, it actually makes perfect sense to make sure Europe is permanently well stocked (not overstocked, but well stocked), even if the US market has a stronger potential. Lets not forget that most European consumers now pay $400 or more for a Wii.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

You should go to the store tomorrow and take some pics and see how many has been sold.

=p

@MikeB: It's not that we don't want to hear that, but there's been hundreds of this threads made by trolls, and they never showed the proof. Now that you did show us the proof I give you my apologies.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I find it amusing that you are trying to cover your veiled jab at Nintendo, insinuating that the Wii is not going to be selling as well anymore (market flooded), with a concern for Wii fans trying to find a Wii. A lot of us know your post history, we know you are not so worried about fans trying to find a Wii.

You may be right, it might be a sign they are now supplying the demand, and Wii sales won't be as stellar. But to make statements that you think this means the market may be flooded in general, and Nintendo fans woes may be over, you have to expect scrutiny. And you know that, but are feigning ignorance.

I definitely am interested to see how fast those Wii's will sell. Another picture in a few days would be cool to see.  It does look like that second stack has sold plenty, but who can judge off of one day's picture.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)