By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo floods the market with Wii?

Neos said:
MikeB said:
Neos said:
approx 150

I think there are over 160 in the first two pics alone. They were stacked in small quantities in various places and placed on the shelves.

hmm no, i think it's 9 per row, so about 100 in total in your first pic

Its actually 10... two rows of four consoles and one row of three's

But see how it was restacked when the Wii's are standing up? they wouldn't ship like that, they would all be rows of 10's. Those standing up are from the skid behind... it looks like two skids of a 100 consoles... 200 in total.

The front skid has about 130-135 wii's, the back 40-45 wii's and the shelf the rest 20-30

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
MikeB said:
@ Neos

hmm no, i think it's 9 per row, so about 100 in total in your first pic

Count better, first 9 rows of 9 = 81
Plus 26 (2 lines of 9, one of 8) on top of that.
Then a row of 8.
Then 11 on top.

81 + 26 + 8 + 11 makes 126 Wiis in the first picture alone.

mehh it's too hot to count accurate..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I'm getting somewhere in the 200s.

In the first pick on the top there are two rows of 7.
Underneath that, there are 9 wii's laying on their side.
Then underneath that, there is one row of 8 (The 8 red stickers on the side of the box), then two rows of nine, so that's 26. So far we're at 42. Then there are nine rows of nine or ten wii's laying horizontally. I'll give Mike B the benefit of the doubt and say ten. So that's 90 + 42, so in the first pic, approximately 132 Wiis.

Then in the second pic, there is 1 on top, then nine laying horizontally below it, so that's ten.

Then below it, there are ten Wii's, then nine, then ten. So that's 29

So altogether that's 39 added to that. So that is 171 Wiis.

Then in the third pic, there are five rows of Wii's with four in each row, which is twenty. and then five visible on top, which is 25. so the tab is now 196 Wiis

And the last pic has seven rows of Wii's. Assuming that there are four in each row like the picture above it, that means that there are 28 Wii's there. But there are six rows of Wii's stacked above it. Assuming that they have four in each row, we're at 24. So that's 52 added to 196 for a grand total of 248 (approx) Wii's.

Add that to the many that probably sold between the time he posted it, and went back and got pics, we're looking at something dangerously close to the 300 he said.

Sqrl said:

Ok, I did a pretty thorough count and I'm getting 187, and that was giving benefit of the doubt that any areas I couldn't see were packed with Wiis.

Thats slightly more than half of 300. As I said, true but exaggerated, I was exactly right.

Thanks for the pics still, it is good to see supply is getting to a point where people can walk in and buy one.

Maybe 100 sold between his first visit and when he took the picture, heh.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

That's a heck of a lot of Wiis!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

@ Sqrl

Thats slightly more than half of 300. As I said, true but exaggerated, I was exactly right.

In the first picture I count 126 just like nordlead, I count 37 in the second picture, 21 to 25 in the 3rd picture about 31 in the fourth.

That's already well over 200, so maybe you are the one exaggerating, then you have an unknown amount stacked at the corners and small quantities all over the place. I say it's about 300 or near to 300 in total.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Sqrl said:
MikeB said:
Sqrl said:
Wiis in stock in large quantity I believe, but I don't for a second buy that there are 300 of them. During X-mas some of the largest retail outlets in the US didn't get 300 units. Sounds like they had a lot of units and you exaggerated the amount a bit?

A bit exaggerated? I don't think so.

But the PS3s were easier to count.

Seriously pictures or it never happened.  I don't at all doubt they got Wiis or that they didn't sell out immediately its the 300 thing that I'm not buying. Actually, this picture sums up how I feel:

Because even if you're 100% correct, your story still makes no sense.

LOL!   I spiled mi cofee!!!!!

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

Hey guys, it doesn't matter if it's 300 or 200... We can all see it's in the hundreds, orders of magnitude are what matters.

What I am curious about is how long those consoles will stay there.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I counted one hundred and ninety three.

Obviously the smaller pile was equal to the bigger one, meaning that there are selling like hotcakes (pan caliente con mantequilla, como diriamos en PR).

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.