By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo floods the market with Wii?

koffieboon said:
Sqrl said:

Seriously pictures or it never happened. I don't at all doubt they got Wiis or that they didn't sell out immediately its the 300 thing that I'm not buying. Actually, this picture sums up how I feel:

Because even if you're 100% correct, your story still makes no sense.

I have seen stacks of Wiis in a few different Media Markt stores recently as well, so I don't think MikeB is wrong. Maybe 300 is really only 200, cause without actually counting them it will be a pretty rough guess, but it is definitely possible for these stores to get a big shipment of Wiis. However, it is to be seen if they get another one if the current one is quickly sold out.

Like I said, I don't doubt that they had Wiis or that they were in stock for a couple of days or even a week.  Its the 300 number that I don't buy.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

I haven't seen a Wii in store since launch, you must live in a unique city where Nintendo magically ships all the Wii's.

^ look at my post thx

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

IF this is relative around the US then their could be a huge spike in Wii's sold in the US, which would show the system sells on it's own independance of just software.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

My local Saturn had exactly 24 Wiis and 12 WiiFits on shelves last Saturday. Yes, I counted them and it was already around 5 pm. (Media Markt & Saturn campaign as if they were rivals, but they both belong to the Metro Group).

Wiis in stock is not unusual in Germany (at least where I live). I don't understand why they don't send some Wiis from Germany to other European countries.

I was there to buy Soul Bubbles for DS, btw.
(DS was the only system that was completely sold out that day. The DS games shelves in all markets I visit grew from tiny to enooormous dimensions during the past three years).

Around the Network

I want to see a pic of those 300 Wii's

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Sqrl said:
koffieboon said:
Sqrl said:

Seriously pictures or it never happened. I don't at all doubt they got Wiis or that they didn't sell out immediately its the 300 thing that I'm not buying. Actually, this picture sums up how I feel:

Because even if you're 100% correct, your story still makes no sense.

I have seen stacks of Wiis in a few different Media Markt stores recently as well, so I don't think MikeB is wrong. Maybe 300 is really only 200, cause without actually counting them it will be a pretty rough guess, but it is definitely possible for these stores to get a big shipment of Wiis. However, it is to be seen if they get another one if the current one is quickly sold out.

Like I said, I don't doubt that they had Wiis or that they were in stock for a couple of days or even a week.  Its the 300 number that I don't buy.

Excuse me but I haven't counted them by hand as some personal gave me weird looks.

But I got most of them on camera:

The smaller stack behind the PS2s:

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Plenty more on various shelves:

They were all over the place.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

approx 150

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

That's impressive, MikeB.

The question is now: Have all these Wiis been sent to one market by mistake?