By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo floods the market with Wii?

You guys own MikeB an apology lol.

Around the Network

Hey Mike go back in a week and see how many of those Wii's have been sold.

Neos said:
approx 150

I think there are over 160 in the first two pics alone. They were stacked in small quantities in various places and placed on the shelves.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:
Neos said:
approx 150

I think there are over 160 in the first two pics alone. They were stacked in small quantities in various places and placed on the shelves.

hmm no, i think it's 9 per row, so about 100 in total in your first pic

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

kirby007 said:
nordlead said:
I'll believe they had lots in stock, but 300 units is ~ (1.52m x 1.52m x 1.52m) stack of Wiis (5ft x 5ft x 5ft for us Americans) which I wouldn't believe unless I saw it for myself, and then started unstacking to make sure it was solid.

err 300 wii's is a bit larger....

Acording to the box size I got off of Amazon.com that is the size of 300 Wii Boxes.

@mikeB

That is more consoles in one place than I have seen in my entire life. That is quite impresive. The most I've ever seen is maybe 50 GC or PS2's. Granted I don't live in the largest place in the world, but 300 is still a TON of systems. In your pictures I counted ~275, which is quite impressive.

EDIT: I miscalculated so ~221 in all pics, which is still impressive.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Ok, I did a pretty thorough count and I'm getting 187, and that was giving benefit of the doubt that any areas I couldn't see were packed with Wiis.

Thats slightly more than half of 300. As I said, true but exaggerated, I was exactly right.

Thanks for the pics still, it is good to see supply is getting to a point where people can walk in and buy one.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Neos said:
MikeB said:
Neos said:
approx 150

In the large stack there are 10 levels of 3x3 + 1 level of 9x3 + some on the top - some missing corners = ~126

In the second stack ~36

So total first to pics I count 162.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

@ Neos

Count better, first 9 rows of 9 = 81
Plus 26 (2 lines of 9, one of 8) on top of that.
Then a row of 8.
Then 11 on top.

81 + 26 + 8 + 11 makes 126 Wiis in the first picture alone.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Good, there is at least one store that is well stocked Wiis in the world today. Now repeat that same scenario across tens of thousands of stores in the world by November and they might be ready for the holiday season.

So those stacks look like boom blox puzzles!

Still impressed by the quantity!

Groningen (my city of birth) is not very big, so it will probably take a week before all Wiis are gone.

I'd like to see some pictures next week!

Currently Playing:

Wii: Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort

Xbox360: Fifa 2009, Halflife 2 Episode 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Want to play:
Wii: Lego Indiana Jones, SMG2
Xbox360: MW2