By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Did You Prefer Your PS1 or Your PS2?

ils411 said:
ps1 for me. just had more games.

I thought the PS2 actually had more games, But just those great memories playing Crash on my PS1 are still vivid in my mind.

^_^

Around the Network

Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Croc, Rayman, Tekken were all in their primes on PS1, you just can't beat 'em.

The PS1 had a lot of games that were good, for the time. I really, really enjoyed it then. I was buying new games on an almost weekly basis. Games like Final Fantasy VII-IX, Metal Gear Solid, Tony Hawk, and Crash Bandicoot were events. Lot's of good memories.

That said, the PS2 has games that I feel will be great for all times. The 32/64 bit era was a little bit more raw and unrefined. The breakthroughs, then can't be denied. The PS2 era was where it all came together. Christmas 2001, and the months and years that followed were a dream come true, for me. The PS1 did it good. The PS2 did it right.

I say PS2.

It's difficult to say, I've played (and continue playing) more games on my PS2 than on my PS1, but on the PS1 I played my favourite game of all time, Suikoden II, and also FF Tactics, FFVII, FFVIII and Chrono Cross. I'd say they are pretty equal, the PS1 has more 10-deserving games, while the PS2 has more 9-deserving and more overall good games. I can't choose between the two. They're the two best consoles ever made

ps2 is like my favorite system ever

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Around the Network

I have to say I had a much better experience on my PS1. Many companies were trying new things and there were many great franchises that got their start on that system. The PS2, while a great graphical upgrade to the PS1, never managed to keep me as entertained.

I give this thread a 9.7.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

PS1 . The Crash , Tekken and RE trilogy , plus "extra" games like CTR , Syphon Filter , Ridge Racer , Wipeout , MGS , Rayman 1/2 , Tenchu etc. made it all better :D Still the PS2 is close second with one of my all time favorites like GoW1/2 , POP trilogy , J&D , R&C etc . ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Hmmmm... I would probably have to say PS1 with games like Ten Pin Alley and Crash Bandicoot (among many others). Still, considering that the PS2 had backwards compatibility, it had the best of both worlds.

ps1 was great but ps2 just took it to another level for me. Good cheap dvd player and many games. That's the time I did the most gaming.

Kingdom Hearts. That is all.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."