By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Burnout Paridise will award trophies retroactively!!!!

Okay, here’s what we can say about the details:

* Trophies will be retroactive, so, if you’ve achieved something today, the day the update arrives (not Cagney, we want to emphasise) that will be reflected in your Trophies.

* Your Burnout Paradise save game has always been locked to your PSN id - so there’s never been any chance of trading save games - your progress is your progress (we have a way of thinking ahead for this kind of stuff!)

* The Save Game Analyser works with a special export file that is exported when you do a manual save from the game, not your encrypted save game file - so there’s no chance that anyone could hack that

* That’s as much as we can reveal right now - if you know us and our site, we’ll let you know as soon as we are confident to do so

Thanks for all of the support and positive comments, guys - we really appreciate it.

Source (note that the link is to the reply where the dev said the above)

------

This is awesome news for me because Warhawk and several other games track your progress the same way and thus imo have a strong potential of awarding trophies retroavtively as well. It's also good to see third-party devs adding trophies to their previous games. Here's hoping for others to follow in their footsteps.

Edit: DAMN it! "Paridise" Oh to be able to edit your thread titles....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

GREAT news.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

This is what I call a good developer. Big kudos to them.

Nice!

I don't have Burnout Paradise yet, but this is a very good sign for other games.

Around the Network

im getting burnout back again, this is great news for sony ps3 users. we have the best online features now, and when home is released id call that a wrap up

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I'm expecting DMC4 to be the same as in the current non-patched version of the game you don't inherit accomplishments when you trade saves in that game ( because they are saved online at the time you get them and tied to your PSN Id).

Sadly I'm afraid games like Uncharted won't be retroactive as save trade would allow you to get trophies without playing the game...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Heres the thing. Everything that is connected to your PSN ID will be retroactive. Ex. COD4 online stuff, but COD4 single player will not be retroactive.

PSN ID: getrdone25

Ail said:
I'm expecting DMC4 to be the same as in the current non-patched version of the game you don't inherit accomplishments when you trade saves in that game ( because they are saved online at the time you get them and tied to your PSN Id).

Sadly I'm afraid games like Uncharted won't be retroactive as save trade would allow you to get trophies without playing the game...

yeah it kind of sucks, but I efinitely agree it's the reight decision. I hope that all games that store progress and stats in an inaccessble place will award trophies retroactively. That would help a lot.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Thank god! That is all I can say!