By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "Gears of War 2 More Emotionally Effecting Than BioShock"

kowenicki said:
Riachu said:
Shameless said:
Can't believe you are all ignorant to how emotional Gears of War actually is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XbS3tUW9-SQ

That was not emotionally effecting. When we mean emotionally effecting, we mean that we are able to sympathize with the characters

Surely you need empathy rather than sympathy for true emotional involvement. Anyone that empathises with a game has issues in my book.

Empathises with a game's characters is nothing to be ashamed of. You're just one of those people that think that emotional involvement is a waste of time. I am not trying to flame anyone, I am just saying

Edit:I am not trying to offend you in anyway

Around the Network

lol!

PS. Could everyone stop misusing the word "effecting"? Thenk yoo.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Anyway, it's 'affecting'.

Kyros said:
lol, we are talking about Gears the game where all characters are "space" marines in huge army suits and have as much personality as a doorknob. Sorry.

Oh and by your logic, lol, we're also talking about Bioshock, the game where the characters are crazy genetic mutants from the 1950's!  Surely that means the game is retarded! 

:|

Way to troll.  If you're going to accuse a game's characters of being two dimensional cardboard standouts, at least back it up with examples.  I've ripped apart FFX on these forums a number of times, but at least when I did it, I provided a concrete list of why the game sucked.

I'm not a big GeoW fan, but I get sick of this constant stream of crap from people with nothing to back up their comments at all.

Around the Network

i couldnt really get into bioshock to be honest so i really wouldnt know

i wonder if this will be true,i hope it is

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

YOU NEED GLASSES, SUCKA. DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!

Yeah, I have loads of faith in their script-writing skills.

Simply put, I don't believe it. At all. Even a little.

(But if I'm wrong, cool.)

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Oscar worthy dialogue confirmed?