By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - bioware vs blizzard

As someone who's been a fan of Blizzard since the original Warcraft, I have to say they don't excite me as much anymore. I now prefer the presentation of the stories in Bioware games over Blizzard's. Although it's been a while since I played anything in the Diablo line, I don't recall it having a very engrossing storyline. Please, correct me if I'm wrong!

Also, I'm not a fan of World of Warcraft. I've been MMO'd out after all these years. I just want to play an intriguing single player storyline on my time off. Although I have the utmost respect for Blizzard, I currently prefer Bioware's library. I loved Mass Effect's ending sequence. Of course, these opinions are only my own.

Around the Network

Blizzard of course, I started out with SC and migrated to Diable and Warcraft :D Playing Diablo 2 since announcement of D3

Blizzard because Starcraft tops even Bioware's fine games.

tallgnome said:
Blizzard of course started out with SC and migrated to Diable and Warcraft :D Playing Diablo 2 since announcement of D3

Actually Blizzard was around much earlier than Starcraft. Also Diablo and Warcraft predate Starcraft. Starcraft is the newest franchise they came out with so far.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

tallgnome said:
Blizzard of course started out with SC and migrated to Diable and Warcraft :D Playing Diablo 2 since announcement of D3

are there still alot of ppl playing diablo 2 online ? I'm thinking about installing and playing again since Titan Quest not filling my hack/slash needs.

OT : Blizzard for me too Warcraft (not WOW), Starcraft, and Diablo series takes 3 of my all time favorite game spots alone.

Around the Network

Blizzard by a very very large margin.

Blizzard FTW!!!

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

PSSSST

btw Bioware is working on a mmo....

vlad321 said:
tallgnome said:

Actually Blizzard was around much earlier than Starcraft. Also Diablo and Warcraft predate Starcraft. Starcraft is the newest franchise they came out with so far.

Sorry i meant Blizzard of course, I started out with SC

Actually I remember I have Lost Vikings so that is what I really started with

brawl4life said:
tallgnome said:

are there still alot of ppl playing diablo 2 online ? I'm thinking about installing and playing again since Titan Quest not filling my hack/slash needs.

OT : Blizzard for me too Warcraft (not WOW), Starcraft, and Diablo series takes 3 of my all time favorite game spots alone.

Yes there are still alot of online players.

I reinstalled the game Sunday and less than 10 days after a ladder wipe there were over 1000 characters over level 80 on USWest Battlenet..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !