By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - crytec want the crysis franchise to remain on pc

Cevat Yerli: There's a lot of critique about this decision, "Why don't we just go for console?" And yes, it could be done; it could be done pretty straightforward. But I still want to have Crysis on the PC; the dominant platform should be PC. And Crysis should be on PC. This is a philosophical decision here. We'll see how it holds up here, and we see if our exclusivity is not rewarded, it will have consequences.

Oh, and regarding sales

IGN: A lot of people I know are waiting to build a new PC and then they'll buy Crysis. Does that mean, compared to Far Cry, do you think the sales have been steadier for Crysis?

Cevat Yerli: Yeah, I think our lifetime is definitely longer and more steadier. Sales wise we're outperforming Far Cry still. The sales are good; they're not really bad.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/884/884757p2.html

so anyone think this will still be released on consoles?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I thought it would be coming to the PS3 and the X360. Crysis on medium settings would be ok.

Rock_on_2008 said:
I thought it would be coming to the PS3 and the X360. Crysis on medium settings would be ok.

yeah it would be good,but it seems they want it to stay on pc since its the most powerful.

Think of the sales they miss out on by not selling out with console versions. Wii version on very low settings could be possible. PS3 and X360 versions on medium settings.

^yeha they could get more sales on it,i wonder why theyre not releasing it on the other consoles

Around the Network

the sales could be WAY better on consoles but it's there choice.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

^well i dont think it would be better then the pc sales of the game,but they would be good

No its not there choice, EA can port it if they want, they own the ip.

mM

I don't know, Crysis without its unbelievable graphics is JAS, just another shooter. So whats the point. Its defined by its awesome graphics.

I have to agree with Kyros, there is nothing about Crysis that makes it stand out over better games like COD. On a console, its a sub-par shooter, on PC its the best looking game to date.