By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - crytec want the crysis franchise to remain on pc

I found the singleplayer in Crysis much more fun than that in COD4.  Haven't really touched the multiplayer, but it was decent, TF2 eats up most of my time.

Around the Network

I agree with Kyros as well except for one aspect. It's a sub par game with killer graphics. Not a good game because of it. Really it never was. If it was brought to console it just be a stereotype in an already oversaturated market of them. Sure it would generate sales but it could be overshadowed by such properties as Resistance and Call of Duty which are huge on the consoles.

Kyros said:
I don't know, Crysis without its unbelievable graphics is JAS, just another shooter. So whats the point. Its defined by its awesome graphics.

also the suit seperates it from being just another shooter

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Actually I think Crysis is alot better than most console fps. And the open world aspect was done well. The story was meh, but it was pretty fun. Most people who played it like it, and most people who haven't call it mediocre. I would give it an 80 if I was rating it.

Edit: I forgot to mention the stealth combined iwth it being open world, made it fun too.

you guys are nuts. Just another shooter?? How many Sandbox shooters are there?

Crysis is far better than Far Cry in every way, and has some nice implementations such as the Realtime weapon modding.

Crysis Warhead looks to be even better than the first, by improving everything and fixing what was wrong (vehicles, not so great sandbox feel)

There is not even 1 Console FPS that is as good as Crysis.

Around the Network

I haven't played Crysis, but I could see how a developer would not want a completed project like Crysis to be ported to the HD consoles. The HD consoles have adequately been able to handle Half-Life 2 which is a 3.5 year old PC game which runs well on hardware which you can't play Crysis on ... In a lot of ways this would be like porting Gears of War or Metal Gear Solid 4 to the Wii; although it would be good to make a similar game for the platform, a straight port would require so much downgrading in order to get decent performance pn the system that the game would suffer and not turn out well.

If I was head of Crytek I'd kill off the Crysis franchise alltogether, it has underperformed severely and it is a veritable shitstreak of a game.

shio said:

you guys are nuts. Just another shooter?? How many Sandbox shooters are there?

Crysis is far better than Far Cry in every way, and has some nice implementations such as the Realtime weapon modding.

Crysis Warhead looks to be even better than the first, by improving everything and fixing what was wrong (vehicles, not so great sandbox feel)

There is not even 1 Console FPS that is as good as Crysis.

+100. Since Im up to the wierd part of MGSIV the part where theres a 5 digit number to remember I can say that Crysis as a game is just more fun, just tooooo short. I prefer its implementation of stealth.

Crysis is equaled by CODIV but for different reasons in terms of quality.

Btw, the 7800gtx (PS3 specs) wouldn't be able to even play it on medium so it would be even lower than that considering the graphics workload and lack of ram for an open world environment. Optimizations are really only useful in a closed environment where you can dictate the player experience.

Tease.

Crysis has sold very well. And thanks to its graphics people who upgrade will be buying it for a long time to come.

I dont want to see Crysis fall over to the consoles. I love the game like it is now, and I am affraid I would see future Crysis games, becoming worse if it went over to consoles aswell.

Anyways, good to see Crytek isent leaving us behind just yet :) If blizzard can it, so cna Crytek ;)