By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - crytec want the crysis franchise to remain on pc

Squilliam said:
shio said:

you guys are nuts. Just another shooter?? How many Sandbox shooters are there?

Crysis is far better than Far Cry in every way, and has some nice implementations such as the Realtime weapon modding.

Crysis Warhead looks to be even better than the first, by improving everything and fixing what was wrong (vehicles, not so great sandbox feel)

There is not even 1 Console FPS that is as good as Crysis.

+100. Since Im up to the wierd part of MGSIV the part where theres a 5 digit number to remember I can say that Crysis as a game is just more fun, just tooooo short. I prefer its implementation of stealth.

Crysis is equaled by CODIV but for different reasons in terms of quality.

Btw, the 7800gtx (PS3 specs) wouldn't be able to even play it on medium so it would be even lower than that considering the graphics workload and lack of ram for an open world environment. Optimizations are really only useful in a closed environment where you can dictate the player experience.

Crytek already said that the HD consoles could run Crysis on near high settings. The difference here, is customization of the game to a platform, and if you have followed a bit on the upcoming Crysis Warhead, you should know that the engine has been improved a lot.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=191873

"Despite the fact that I was playing Crysis Warhead on high settings with a smooth frame rate and barely an ounce of pop up, the guys from Crytek dropped the information that I was playing on a machine they'd bought for the Euro equivalent of £380 pounds."

http://www.gameguru.in/first-person-shooters/2008/09/crytek-speaks-about-crysis-for-consoles/

"The surprising thing has been how well the consoles can perform visually, once this tailoring is in place. We expect the final outcome will result in games that look like they're running at high settings, or nearly high settings on a PC."

Around the Network

I always said it would never reach consoles, but what i foudn funny was when ne of te Crysis producers suggested a Wii release, not because of graphics, obviously, but because of the controls.

it would be good to release it on consoles, but the thing is they still have in mind that PC is the dominant console. It isn't, atleast not from the developers perspective (from wat i've seen, anyways). When a game is multi platform they usually release it just on the Wii, PS3 or 360, or just that latter two. Rarely PC is mentioned.

Mummelmann said:
If I was head of Crytek I'd kill off the Crysis franchise alltogether, it has underperformed severely and it is a veritable shitstreak of a game.

they announced that it had sold 1.5 million a few months ago, so it should easily be pushing 2 million now which is at least 20 million extra they made because they didn't have to pay liscencing fees on consoles.  And considering that it will be selling for a long time because people will benchmark their PCs against it, Crytec will have made plenty of money off of this game, especially considering the specs it needed.  This game has done just fine and with Warhead not going to require the same super high specs, it should sell even more.

They should also sell MUCH more as the next generation of cards have come out and there would have been many more people upgrading to the latest and greatest. It will be funny if they implement direct x 10.1 in this game because that would give AMD a concise advantage over Nvidia and its the game to beat them with.

Tease.

The worst part of this franchise is that the sequel; Warhead, looks and sounds like it'll be an even more boring game... The fall from Far Cry is indeed skyhigh, at least in my eyes.