By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - People who say that Gran Turismo 5 will sell 10 million...

PS3 = 13.68M
PS2 = 100 M

guys its time to start being logical

Around the Network
MeowTheMouse said:
PS3 = 13.68M
PS2 = 100 M

guys its time to start being logical

GT3 was released when the PS2 was at about 12M WW. GT5 will release when the PS3 is at about 25-30M WW. GT3 went on to sell roughly 15M. 10M for GT5 seems reasonable. 

By the way, you should change your sig. It is way too long, you could get banned for that...

How about start using the correct logic for the discussion? I think that's more important.

@ tombi123
proof plx
and thankx for teling me about the sig

I think ~8 million would be a respectful figure for GT5

Around the Network

3. The marketshare has been divided up because of games like forza 2 and 3 as well.
LOL.
What is Forza? =))

Forza Motorsport - 1.01m, compared to 10-15 mln. of GT owners on PS2. =)))))))))))
Forza Motorsport 2 - 3.91m, wow, thnx to bundle during Christmas it will be able now to sell over 4 mln. =)) yes, GT3 also was bundled for some time, but GT4 not, and sold 10 mln. =]]

GT5 will be BEST racing game this gen, and probably GT6 will come only to PS4, since developer of GT want to create an RPG. :)

Over 2 mln. of GT5P only. =))

REAL market share of FM2:
http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?game1=Forza%20Motorsport%202%20-%20X360
=)))))))
Yeah, just like Forza Motorsport, was only 1 mln. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

MeowTheMouse said:
@ tombi123
proof plx

It's a sales website. Check it out. Also, the PS2 is far higher than you gave it credit for.

MeowTheMouse said:
@ tombi123
proof plx

Yeah tombi is right, you need to shorten it up a bit, here is a quotation of the rule for reference:

"Signatures. Signatures will be no longer than to the end of the time stamp in a single line post. Quotes in signatures are subject to the approval of the quoted member. You must remove a quote of a member from your signature if they ask you to do so. All content in a signature is subject to moderator approval. Failure to comply with these standards will result in moderator action."

Pretty much if you make the changes to your sig by yourself the problem goes away, otherwise I gotta do paperwork =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

GT 5 will sell like over 7 million on PS3.
FF XIII will sell 7 million if its mediocre. FF XIII will sell over 10 million if its a good game.
FF XIII and GT 5 I bet will both sell over 7 million copies each on a PS3 install base of over 30 million when they appear second half of 2009.

CrazzyMan said:
3. The marketshare has been divided up because of games like forza 2 and 3 as well.
LOL.
What is Forza? =))

Forza Motorsport - 1.01m, compared to 10-15 mln. of GT owners on PS2. =)))))))))))
Forza Motorsport 2 - 3.91m, wow, thnx to bundle during Christmas it will be able now to sell over 4 mln. =)) yes, GT3 also was bundled for some time, but GT4 not, and sold 10 mln. =]]

GT5 will be BEST racing game this gen, and probably GT6 will come only to PS4, since developer of GT want to create an RPG. :)

Over 2 mln. of GT5P only. =))

REAL market share of FM2:
http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?game1=Forza%20Motorsport%202%20-%20X360
=)))))))
Yeah, just like Forza Motorsport, was only 1 mln. =))

Grrrrr, stop using this face ----> =) so much!

That said, several previous posters have been correct. And why wouldn't Sony bundle their largest first party title as even more motivation to buy a PS3? It could sell 10 million easily.