By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - People who say that Gran Turismo 5 will sell 10 million...

jerseyboy609 said:
I edited the post

That doesn't make it any less wrong.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network
Gobias said:
jerseyboy609 said:
I edited the post

That doesn't make it any less wrong.

Explain

Why do you mind if GT5 will sell 10m?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

not 10 million sales but maybe 7-8 million.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

I don't really care if it sell 10 million copies or not as long as I have a copy. There're tons of great games out there that don't sell 10 million copies. So what's the big deal?

Around the Network

this series has always outsold the Halo series so i dont know why not

The main difference between this generation and the previous ones are that the Sony contender aren't the leader. I don't know the exact user base when each game was released but the end result was over 100 mln in the end. And come on, the PS3 won't go that far.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

@Explosivo -- Install base dosn't have much effect on GT games... look at how GT outsold GT2 on PS1, GT3 outsold GT4 on PS2.

yo you better fuckin believe gran turismo fuckin 5 will sell a shitload! maybe not quite fuckin 10 mil but it will be fuckin pushing 7 million fuckers if you ask my humble fuckin opinion. Plus you fuckin forgot how popular racing games are in mother fuckin europe bitch! Fuckin europeans love they're racing games! oh fuckin yeah! Its a popular game in all 3 major fuckin regions just look at past fuckin sales! oh fuckin yeah! 10 million? maybe fuckin not. 7 or 8 million? you better fuckin believe it.

It will definitely outsell Halo 3.

Will it break 10 million? I'm not sure, but given how GT3 outsold GT2 by almost 6 million DESPITE being released on a much smaller install base (the ps2's install base was only ~11,300,000 when GT3 was released), then I think it is certainly possible, if not likely.