By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - People who say that Gran Turismo 5 will sell 10 million...

AS long as it runs on a highway.

Around the Network
jerseyboy609 said:
Million said:

G

jerseyboy609 said:

are going straight to HELL!!

1. That means that it will outsell halo 3

2. By the time this game comes out, PS3 install base will be around 30 million

3. The marketshare has been divided up because of games like forza 2 and 3 as well.

So, just tell me how you guys feel.

Gran Turismo 4 Sony Computer Entertainment 7,067 7.78 9.45m
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec Sony Computer Entertainment 6,627 7.81 14.87m

Gran Turismo 2 Sony Computer Entertainment 2,852 7.72 9.37m
Gran Turismo
Sony Computer Entertainment 4,818 7.74 10.85m

Games like GT are system sellers , they create install base so already points 1 &2 are defeated ( point 1 defeats itself out of stupidity).

GT will pretty much sell regardless of competition , it has brand name , reputation and a history of excellent sales performance.Each GT has sold at least 9.3 million copies

This is true, but Racers do not seem as though they are liked as much as then...this is the era of the shooter

You should check the numbers sometimes before you say something....If racers are no so liked anymore like last gen then tell me why GT5 Proloque sold more (and is still selling) than :

GT4 Prolque and GT3 Tokyo  ?

konnichiwa said:
jerseyboy609 said:
Million said:

G

jerseyboy609 said:

3. The marketshare has been divided up because of games like forza 2 and 3 as well.

Gran Turismo

Games like GT are system sellers , they create install base so already points 1 &2 are defeated ( point 1 defeats itself out of stupidity).

GT will pretty much sell regardless of competition , it has brand name , reputation and a history of excellent sales performance.Each GT has sold at least 9.3 million copies

This is true, but Racers do not seem as though they are liked as much as then...this is the era of the shooter

You should check the numbers sometimes before you say something....If racers are no so liked anymore like last gen then tell me why GT5 Proloque sold more (and is still selling) than :

GT4 Prolque and GT3 Tokyo ?

This is true, but I cannot be convinced that the GT series is not as popular as it used to be...I mean, I can see 8 million worldwide, but 10...that's an overstatement

I don't see too many reasons why it won't eventually sell 10 million copies; it is widely popular across the globe and by the time it releases the PS3 install base will be perhaps twice of what it is now, if not more. On top of that, check old charts and you'll see that the GT games have staying power like no other, GT 4 was still on the top 20 list a few weeks last year here in Norway and the same has been the case with the previous installments in the series.

I think that once this gen is over, GT5 will end up with 10.74m sales.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Around the Network

I don't see why it's impossible. The only issue this time is that the Japanese userbase is so small this time that it completely dwarfs the effect of a higher attach rate. I'm pretty sure Gran Turismo 3 was bundled in America which boosted its sales a ton.

I'm going to make a little TheSource prediction based on how past GT games have sold:

Japan: 1.3 million

Americas: 2.9 million

PAL: 6.1 million

Gran Turismo 5 will probably be very hyped in Japan, so I'd put the sales far under Gran Turismo 3 and slightly over Gran Turismo 4. It'll be pretty hyped in the Americas as well, but it won't have the advantage of userbase. Slightly more than GT4, a good bit less than the rest.

As for PAL, I honestly think this will outdo any other game in the series there. The PS3 isn't that far behind the PS2 there if memory serves, and the PS3 will have a pretty decent userbase in PAL by the time GT5 launches. This game will be hyped like crazy there.

I think the end total will be slightly above 10 million (my prediction stands at 10.3 million).

Mummelmann said:
I don't see too many reasons why it won't eventually sell 10 million copies; it is widely popular across the globe and by the time it releases the PS3 install base will be perhaps twice of what it is now, if not more. On top of that, check old charts and you'll see that the GT games have staying power like no other, GT 4 was still on the top 20 list a few weeks last year here in Norway and the same has been the case with the previous installments in the series.

Can you tell us the reasons for your Wii games predictions then? I don't see almost any of them come true.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

jerseyboy609 said:
konnichiwa said:
jerseyboy609 said:
Million said:

G

jerseyboy609 said:

Gran Turismo

GT4 Prolque and GT3 Tokyo ?

This is true, but I cannot be convinced that the GT series is not as popular as it used to be...I mean, I can see 8 million worldwide, but 10...that's an overstatement

I would want to believe you but you are not saying why it won't;..Or you did but people show that your statements are incorrect.

People said that about a lot of games this gen and their predictions were almost wrong as a example DMC4.

I don't care how many copies it sells as long as I can get it in my hands, hopefully with a special G25 and Playseat just for GT5.

trestres said:
Mummelmann said:

Can you tell us the reasons for your Wii games predictions then? I don't see almost any of them come true.

I think he was just trying to go against the flow (I heard Wii Fit predictions of 20 million, 60 million, 200 million, etc.). And does any of that seem possible now?