By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Words or phrases that piss you off.

rockstarjerry981 said:
What to 1337 and QFT stand for.

They really piss me off because i don't know what they mean.

1337 = leet = Elite

QFT = Quoted for Truth

Around the Network
rockstarjerry981 said:
What to 1337 and QFT stand for.

They really piss me off because i don't know what they mean.

l337 = "leet" spelled with "3"s instead of "e"s and a "7" instead of a "t"

"Leet" = "Elite" = "Very good player." It now commonly means anything that is really good. At least, it commonly means that to huge nerds.

QFT means "Quoted for Truth," as in "I agree strongly with the quoted statement. I think it is very true. Therefore, I am quoting it to emphasize it's power."  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

El Duderino said:

No offence is another big one. Some people think they could go to the Queen of England and say: "No offence but your an ugly old witch." Do you really think ugly old witch in not offensive because you sayed "no offence", well you sir are a hypocrite. No offence.

I bytheway (sorry for this a.l.e.x59) am a hypermegahypocrite :)

I also like when people say: "I'm not a racist, but..." and then proceed to say something incredibly racist. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Thanks for helping me understand.

I'm not so pissed off anymore.

BenKenobi88 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
sheesh, calm down alex59, lol.

"pissing me off" is just a turn of phrase...it's not meant literally or anything...every language has these.

If anything, "pisses you off" should bother you because it ends in a preposition, which is a grammatical no-no. You don't say, "Where did he go to?" You say, "Where did he go?" or "To where did he go?" if you're really picky.

EDIT: Um...and abbreviations are legitimate in language.....

Let's start with the word "Sheesh."

(By the way, when words that do not make sense, sound like other words, that also drives me crazy).

(By the way, "drives me crazy" doesn't make sense. You cannot drive "crazy," because "crazy" isn't tangible. You can drive a car, but you cannot drive a crazy).

Sheesh sounds like "Shhh," "Sheep," "Shishcabob" (I have no idea how to spell shishcabob) ("Shhh" doesn't make any sense. It's not even a word).

Sheesh doesn't make any sense. Who came up with the word? How did the trend of using "Sheesh" even begin? I want to know the name of the idiot who first used the word "Sheesh." There isn't even a true meaning of the word.

Okay, so we've gone through "Sheesh." Next thing that bothers me is when people remove periods from abbreviations. It's bad enough that people are too lazy to type the entire word down, but removing the periods is just worse. The periods is what prevents you from sounding out the abbreviation as it is, and makes you state each letter, individually. For example, "B.C." is pronounced, "Bee See." if you remove the periods from "B.C.," technically, the name is pronounced "Bic." Why not make life nicer, and just write "British Columbia?" By the way, my name is a.l.e.x59, not alex59... Sheesh...

(By the way, I know that the phrase "pisses you off" is not (not isn't) supposed to be meant literally. But still, why do these weird phrases exist? How were they created? And what kind of dumb ass made them?)

Next word is "no-no." Why is the word repeated twice? Once is good enough. How-how do-do you-you like-like this-this?-? (I even wrote the "?" down twice). Once is good enough.

Next word is "Um..." Wait, "Um... Is not even a word.

Last, but not least, why do some words have "..." at the end, and others have "....," or even "........." Three periods is enough, not four, or more (that rhymed).

I'm not insulting you, BenKenobi88, I am (not I'm) just insulted the "words that piss me off."

Seriously, get laid.  No offense.

I'm just bull shitting. Don't take any of my posts in this thread too seriously. Even so, a lot of things do piss me off, but grammer is one of the things I don't care too much for.

By the way, "Get laid," and "No offense," are both phrases that piss me off. What a coincidence how your entire post was made up of two phrases that pissed me off. Wow...

Around the Network
dtewi said:
yo Alex, da Eggman avvie is teh bomb

(he's gonna get realllllyyyyy pissed off now!)

1. "Yo" is not a word. It's not even an abbreviation. It's useless. It appears to exist by itself, or before a name, for some unknown reason. I keep thinking "Yo-yo" when ever (not whenever) I read it. Is it supposed to be the new abbreviation for "Yo-yo?" Because as it stands on its own, it means nothing. It bares absolutely no resemblence to "hey," the correct alternative to "yo," a word that doesn't even exist. (Why is "yo-yo" made up of two "yo's" anyways? Even if "yo-yo" was made up of only one "yo," it would still make no sense. How do you get "yo-yo" from a string and ball? And why is there a dash between the two, repeated words?) "Yo" makes no sense. Why is it used, before the calling of a name? Why say "Yo Matt!" when you can just say "Matt!" It's simpler, makes more sense, and you still get the attention of "Matt." Cut the crap, and never use the word-that-doesn't-exist "yo" ever again!

2. My name is "Alexander," not "Alex."

3. "Da" is one of the weirdest, and dumbest, abbreviations I have ever seen. Usually, abbreviations consist of letters found in the actual word, however, in this case, this regurgitated abbreviation has no letters found in the actual word. "Da" and "the" share no letters. "The" is short enough as it is, how lazy must a dumb fuck be to shorten a three letter word, to a two letter word, and mess it up this badly in the process? What kind of abbreviation of "the" is this? An abbreviation ususally consists of letters, found in the real word, just less of them. Not in this case. No! "Da" wants to be a "special" abbreviation. It uses no letters found in "the." What kind of lazy fuck would even abbreviate the word "the?" Is it not short enough already? Do your teeth hurt your tongue when you say "the," so you have to say "da," instead? Only babies say "da," when they say "da-da," not fully grown men, who think they're so cool, by gaytarding the English language.

4. "Eggman?" No! It's Dr. Robotnik! That's one of the biggest things that piss me off... Ever! Damn you Sega for ruining Dr. Robotnik's pride further, by degrading his name! When I think of "Eggman," I think of "Humpty Dumpty," and that's not what I want to be think... At all... When I'm playing Sonic the Hedgehog.

5. "Avvie?" I have never heard that one before. Is it supposed to be an abbreviation for "avatar?" I mean, it only has one letter, less than "avatar?" Why are there two "v's"? Since when does any word have two "v's?" It's an abbreviation, it is supposed to have a minimal amount of letters as possible, so why add a useless "v" when you don't need to? It could have been abbreviated as "avy." Although it looks simpler, and nicer, that "avvie," it's still a stupid abbreviation. I thought abbreviations tried to use the least amount of letters possible from the real word, without over simplification. So why are there two "v's" in "avvie," and only one "v" in "avatar?" The "ie" in "avvie" could have also been simplified to a "y" instead. "Avvie," should have been "avy." Isn't a three-letter abbreviation much nicer than a five-letter abbreviation? For crying out loud, the abbreviation only has one less letter than the real word. Even "avy" is stupid, because it's an abbreviation, but at least it makes more sense than "avvie." It looks more like an abbreviation for a girl's name, than for "avatar."

6. "Is" is the only word that I can't find anything wrong with, therefore, it pisses me off. Oh, I guess the word should have been "iz." Also, the fact that you didn't screw it up also pissed me off. Why? Lack of consistancy. All of your words were supposed to be messed up. Why didn't you mess up "is," "bomb," "off," and "now." Even so, all of the words in your post... No, wait! Every single story, paragraph, sentence, phrase, word, and letter in existence, pisses me off!

5. "Teh?" What is that, a spelling mistake? It's supposed to be "the," not "teh." It seems as if you were typing so fast on the keyboard, that you mixed the letters of "the" up. I've been seeing "teh" a lot lately. Is it cool to make spelling mistakes? No, it's fucking retarded. And why is "the," one of the only letters affected by the "it's cool if it's spelled incorrectly" syndrom? Hwo wood yuo liek ti fi eye rote liek thiss? Amm eye kool nwo? Noo! Eye amm I fucing rehtird. Now go edit your post, and change "teh" into "the."

6. "Bomb?" You could have pissed me off even more by writing it as "bom," since it would be incorrect. How could you miss such an opportunity? The word was practically holding a sign, stating "remove the "b" at the end of my name!" But either way, "bomb" pisses me off because it has the "b" at the end, (what the fuck is that "b" doing at the end?)and "bom" pisses me off because it's spelled incorrectly. I guess "bomb" would not have to exist for me to accept "bom."

7. "He's" pisses me off because it is (not it's) an abbreviation. How hard is it to write "he is?" You feel more professional by doing so, too.

8. "Gonna?" What kind of abbreviation is this? There's no "a" in "going to!" Why are there two "n's" when there only needed to be one? Like I said before, it's an abbreviation, it should have a minimal amount of letters. All of the important letters are missing, for they have been replaced by one, useless "n." It could have been shortened to "guna." Why did some one have to make an abbreviation out of "going to?" It was perfectly fine the way it was. This abbreviation uses more letters than it should. Why have two "n's" when you can only have one? Since when do abbreviations exist, that melt two words, into one piece of crap, without the use of periods, and capital letters, especially with additional letters, you don't need?

9. "Reallllllllyyyyy?" Did you "realllllyyyyy" have to throw in so many "l's", and "y's?" How come there is only one "r," "e," and "a?" You don't like those letters? Is there some thing (not something) special about the letters "l," and "y?" Its lack of consistancy pisses me off. Why so many "l's," and "y's?" Are you racist to the "r," "e," and "a?" Do you get more please of repetetively typing down certain letters? Do those additional letters "really" make "really," a "really big" word? No, they make it look like a steaming, hot (so hot that it burns if you stick your thumb in it for a while) pile of crap. Ammmm IIII cooool nowww??? No, I look like I have a stuttering problem with typing.

10. "Off?" Why is there two "f's" in "off?" You missed another opportunity to mess up another letter in your post! You could have wrote "of," instead of "off", which would have pissed me off more, because it wouldn't have been spelled correctly (why are there two "r's" in correctly?).

11. "Now?" You mean I got pissed off the second you wrote the word "now?" Well, I did get very pissed off, but it wasn't "now." I got pissed off minutes after your post, since I did not (not didn't) read your post until minutes after it was posted, therefore (is that a combination of "there," and "fore?") I did not get pissed of "now," at the second you posted your post. You should edit your post, and replace "now," with the word "soon."

Basically, all words piss me off.

"Grammer" pisses me off. Invariably it's used when the poster is picking on someone else's "grammer," which is ironic since it's spelled GRAMMAR.

Thanks to World of Warcraft and online Halo 2, I hate the words n00b and pwned, what the hell is that, that's just so dumb that it's...............dumb. I get so mad I can't even type right. And that pisses me off too, when people type "teH gaMe sUkcs Moenky CraP" instead of just typing it right, but I guess if you are typing "The game sucks money crap" you might not be that bright. And I didn't realize I didn't like so many phrases until this thread so this thread pisses me off.

I am afraid I have to correct your atrocious grammar Alexander.

1. How come there is only one "r," "e," and "a?", it should be "a"?.

2. did not get pissed of "now". You sai pissed of now, you meant to say pissed off now.

I need to punish you for being so horrible at grammar. Correct the following phrase:

YAYYAY teh super seeweed grow in thee tippy top ov te gr0l_lnd. Butte alex walex deedn't know cuz hes SUPER DUPER r374rd3d! duh doo dun WEE!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you