By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I buy a PSP?

I been very tempted to buy a PSP for a long time now and I've been looking on ebay constantly for a PSP at a good price but I can never find one. There's not to many games that I really want to play, well theres actually only three, but I really want to play them games.

So what I wanted to know is if the PSP has a bad failure rate, because when I was looking on ebay like 50% of all the PSP's were broke and also I've heard about the PSP being bricked alot, does that happen much?

And besides games is it useful to do the other thing's on the PSP like music, videos, internet?

You can't help but root for the underdog, GO PS3!

End of 08' Sales

Wii:                      39.56

Xbox 360:           24.75

Playstation 3:     20.58

Around the Network

I guess, but if I were you I would wait until after E3. I have a feeling sony will announce their next handheld. Also as far as I know the failure rate of psps is very low. I think most of those are just psps that have broken screens from sombody dropping it.

Sony will not announce anoter handheld at E3.......... so i say make sure u get games that u want... buying a system for 3 games prolly isnt worth it, But everyone is different.

I do agree to wait till e3 tho because sony will show off a lot of new psp games so mab that will get you to jump on...

If you like gaming on a handheld I say go for it. Games are usually cheap used and I enjoyed my phattie during the time I had it. I'll be getting a new slim in the next couple weeks. UMD movies are a joke but the ability to play movies, music, and photos from a memory card is a nice add-on to the respectable gaming library. I think there will be a bigger influx of good games announced at E3 with the nice sales of the handheld abroad.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

I think the PSP is worth it. The graphics are nice for a handheld. I use it to watch movies and listed to music as well. Sony has a good history for supporting it. I haven't heard of any chronic hardware issues with it either. I enjoy remote play with the PS3 as well. I read a rumor that you will be able to copy media purchased through the Playstation Store directly to the PSP as well. You may want to wait until E3 to make your decision.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
I guess, but if I were you I would wait until after E3. I have a feeling sony will announce their next handheld. Also as far as I know the failure rate of psps is very low. I think most of those are just psps that have broken screens from sombody dropping it.

doesn't it have a dead pixel problem?  You should be able to find a deal on a fat one if you wanted.  Me i'd want a thin to plug into the TV.

No.

DMeisterJ said:
No.

So they fixed the dead pixel thing eh?  Neat.  I still stuck decding between getting a PSP or PS3 first.

Kasz216 said:
DMeisterJ said:
No.

So they fixed the dead pixel thing eh?  Neat.  I still stuck decding between getting a PSP or PS3 first.

Get the PS3, I play 100 times more than I play my psp.

mM
sc94597 said:

lol . I wouldent even count on a redesign at this point ...

Anyways , shure it worths it :D Just go for it , especially if you can find one for cheap . And seeing your a SE fan ( judging by the avatar ) there are plenty of SE games comming out ( SO1/2 , Dissidia , KH : BBS ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!