By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New tales of RPG to be announced for the PS3 this e3?

Soriku said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
That would explain what Team Destiny is doing.

But their Tales games are 2D so I can't imagine them "taking advantage of the system's power" too much.

More likely Team Melfes (who made Tales of Legendia) because the Namco forums are saying a new Team Destiny Tales of is being made for the DS and is abbreviated "ToH". Tales of Hearts maybe (they DID trademark that). Plus TD games are 2D. DS is perfect. Team Symphonia is making ToV, made ToS: DotNW, TD is probably making this ToH, so that leaves Team Melfes. Team Melfes worked on Tekken/Soul Calibur and both of them are on the PS3 so a Team Melfes game wouldn't be surprising. Either them or probably Alfa Systems. I hope this "ToH" is localized though since the only localized TD game is ToD! But seeing as how we're not getting ToI (yet????) I'm not holding much hope ;(

If anything, Alfa System is making a DS (or PSP) Tales. I figured Melfes would be working on Sword of Legendia since they did do ToL. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Soriku, Dimps is busy working on Sonic Unleashed for Wii and Street Fighter IV for Arc/360/PS3.

*~Onna76~* said:
Darc Requiem said:
I hope this happens, maybe just maybe it will shut up the PS3 fans boys long enough for me to actually be able to enjoy a thread talking about a 360 RPG without their constant whining, crying, and trolling. Unlike them, I will actually buy a system if/when it gets enough exclusive content for my tastes.

That you have the luxury to afford 3 consoles, not everyone has that.

I also hope it'll happen, so to stop the whining from 360 fans that they have the exclusive RPG's and PS3 doesn't.

His point was that a lot of PS3 owners bought their console on the assumption, rather than the promise, that it would receive strong JRPG support.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Darc Requiem said:
I hope this happens, maybe just maybe it will shut up the PS3 fans boys long enough for me to actually be able to enjoy a thread talking about a 360 RPG without their constant whining, crying, and trolling. Unlike them, I will actually buy a system if/when it gets enough exclusive content for my tastes.

That you have the luxury to afford 3 consoles, not everyone has that.

I also hope it'll happen, so to stop the whining from 360 fans that they have the exclusive RPG's and PS3 doesn't.

His point was that a lot of PS3 owners bought their console on the assumption, rather than the promise, that it would receive strong JRPG support.

Well, I'm glad someone got my point Star Craft.

I think its completely stupid to have a tales game on the 360 but not the PS3.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
I think its completely stupid to have a tales game on the 360 but not the PS3.

I agree, but MS thinks its nice, and they probably spent a considerable amount of money for it

Dimps isn't a team they were just outsourced for Tempest. Cosnidering that it was poorly recieved, it may be a cold day in Hell before Namco lets them make another Tales.

Alfa System is a mystery but its a bit silly to assume that they might be working on another TotW title and that it has to be on the PSP when every other TotW title besides RM was on a Nintend handheld.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Well, then who is going to make games for the PS3? It's a good system. It has a fanbase. It sells better than the 360 in both Europe and Japan. It's recently had the best game so far released in this console generation so far released exclusively for it. So with Square going to work on Wii and all these other companies releasing rpgs for the 360, who is going to make PS3 games?

baph72 said:
Well, then who is going to make games for the PS3? It's a good system. It has a fanbase. It sells better than the 360 in both Europe and Japan. It's recently had the best game so far released in this console generation so far released exclusively for it. So with Square going to work on Wii and all these other companies releasing rpgs for the 360, who is going to make PS3 games?

I say sony should target the japanese more, or buy games like microsoft. Anyway there are alot more rpgs I'm interested in going to the wii than the 360 so I might sell my 360 soon. I expect the wii to get all of the japanese support later on this gen, and the western support to be split, and/or shared between the other two. If you are feeling bad now, Imagine how bad gamecube and to a lesser extent xbox owners felt last gen. The ps2 had everything. ANd right now as I see it the wii doesn't have as much support as the 360 or ps3, but its starting to gain alot of japanese support, and the only thing it could do is increase. At least the ps3 gets excellent multiplats like RE5.