By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What a new user has to say about sony...

1. Yes there are detractors out there, but the majority dont say that the PS3 is totally crap and unbuyable, just under-delivering in certain departments.

2. Even the top Sony executives have publically expressed their disappointment at the first 1.5 years of the PS3 in terms of sales, profitability, game development etc. etc.

3. You say you have been reading for 5 months. Well you should have noticed that there is WAY more TEH 360 IS TEH DOOMZ going around here. I am very happy with my 360 and dont go around on a envy-shitstorm on other consoles and this applies to the majority of 360 owners here. I see alot more PS3 owners envying the 360.

4. Saying things like PS3 will surpass 360 at the end of the generation is exactly what stokes these kinds of war talk, which is very contradictory to your post. If you truly are just enjoying and are happy with your console, then why bother with this point?

5. Welcome to VGChartz.

Around the Network

I stopped taking you seriously when you said that the PS3 will "definitely beat the 360 and by quite a bit", and then said that it's uncertain if it will pass the Wii.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
I stopped taking you seriously when you said that the PS3 will "definitely beat the 360 and by quite a bit", and then said that it's uncertain if it will pass the Wii.

Why? It is uncetain.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
thekitchensink said:

Why? It is uncetain.

He's saying that the PS3 will completely annihilate the 360 (which it is not doing right now--it's simply 'beating it'), and yet he's justified to say that it's uncertain if it will pass Wii or not (when the two aren't even in the same league, saleswise)?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Well to answer eagle my point was to try and get some since of all the arguing of wich will sell more 360 vs ps3 and almost any professional advisor or any gamer who has paid attention to the last 10 years of gaming will tell you that there is no way that the 360 is going to beat the ps3 in over all sales.... its just not going to happen. Will it be by 10 million system or 50 million, who the hell knows. Also for THEKITCHEN to say that the wii and ps3 arent even in the same league for sells doesnt make any since considering its only 1 1/2 years into a 6 year race so its only 25% over at the most. The chance of wii winning and ps3 winning I would say is about 50/50 at this point. Its obvious that the wii is cheaper so it sells better to parents who buy there kids a game system and the fact that it was sold out for 18 months country wide also led to a huge hyped up "gotta have it cause everyone else has it and its sold out so that has to mean something" frenzy. However u must also keep in mind a very important thing, the ps2 sold around 120,000,000 units wich is a huge install base that will more then likely want to play the sequals to there favorite ps2 games wich will be on ps3.

Anyways all of this is quite mute to the fact that more then likely the Nintendo DS is probably going to be the highest selling game system of all time "to date obviously" and nintendo makes a killing on it profit wise.

Iam not dogging the 360 in any way, I love the rpg's on the 360 "gotta say blue dragon is my favorite next gen rpg so far, even more then mass effect" and halo 3 is hella fun. Iam also not dogging the Wii in any way cause lets face it, mario IS gaming and nintendo makes very good 1st party titles.

I just wish that everyone would just take a naked eye to the console race and see it for what it really is but most can not so whatever...

My PSN Name is:  EvilChronos    add me if u want :)

END OF GENERATION PREDICTIONS  "9-21-08"

PS3=130M     360=90M     Wii=120M     DS=130M     PSP=70M

Other Prediction: The PS3 will overtake the 360 XMAS of 09  "9-21-08"

Around the Network

Why is it so hard for people to understand that the Wii and PS3/360 are different kinds of systems? OMG DEY R BOTH USED 2 PLAY VIDEOGAMES!!ONEONE111 That is like saying a Jeep and a Prius are both used to drive to work. But the Jeep can go off road, a Prius is an in town car. The PS3/360 plays games and does other stuff, a Wii just does games. A Jeep drives around town and off roads, a Prius is just for driving around town.

And the Wii will win this generation, very probably quite easily (I think myself and most people on this forum that use two braincells would be suprised if either the ps3 or the 360 are even within 50 million of the Wii). Sony could cut the price down by a lot but they are 15 million behind the Wii and the Wii can't be produced fast enough.

I agree with you, too many idiot xbots bashing ("games will be on PS3, but 360 wil be BETTER!!") They just hating

I just like that it has become Sony vs MS, and the Nintendo fans are on the sidelines laughing at them both.

Stillwell said:
I just like that it has become Sony vs MS, and the Nintendo fans are on the sidelines laughing at them both.

Laughing? Yeah,because they have nothing better to do,like play games not named Mario.

colonelstubbs said:
Is the PS3 in some sort of crisis? Why are all these 'i tell you the PS3 rules!' threads suddenly popping up along with the 'stop picking on sony!' threads....?

i don't really get that either.

PS3 is CONSTANTLY outselling 360, so why the panic. Sure its losing to the Wii, but what console isn't?