By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - can the 360 sell a 100000 every week in the us with a 50 dollar pricecut?

Absolutely not. There is no chance for a near 100% sales increase for crossing into the $300 range with the main model.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

i expect a small boost, but we will have to see if there is any long term effect.

360 is much much cheaper in EU but it hasnt helped boost its sales, theres only so much microsoft can cut off the price. i dont know why people are moaning about ONLY $50 OFF

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

i expect a small boost, but we will have to see if there is any long term effect.

360 is much much cheaper in EU but it hasnt helped boost its sales, theres only so much microsoft can cut off the price. i dont know why people are moaning about ONLY $50 OFF

It nearly doubled its' weekly sales there after the cut, and that's not its' strong country.  America would increase it much more.  Fail.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

nope i dont think it can do it every week

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

first week might get quite high, cause now with the info leaked people will not buy much till the pricedrop so you will probably see more than2 times the regular sales in first week.

but the long term effect will more likely be in the 10-20k area.

Around the Network

I don't think every week, but it will probably move to closer to 70-80k

Every week for how long??? It's a trick question by the way. Anyways, NO!!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

PooperScooper said:
Fanatical111 said:
I think maybe $50 cut plus some sort of package. I would say definetly around the holiday season. Gears 2 bundle, Banjo Bundle, Fable Bundle etc. That would appeal to all sorts of different markets.

Wow... what gives you the idea it could do it arounf the holiday season?

http://vgchartz.com/hwtable.php?cons%5B%5D=X360®%5B%5D=America&start=39439&end=39439

Seeing how you provided a links showing 1 day of sales data where the 360 sold over 300K of consoles, I would suggest that this would be attainable wouldnt you?

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 22nd Dec 2007 to 22nd Dec 2007:

Console X360
America

This is your link, so yes I do believe that they can.