By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sacred 2: Fallen Angel(enhanced on ps3) due out in november on ps3/360

CDV picks up Fallen Angel for PS3

Ascaron Entertainment's Sacred sequel for Xbox 360 and PC branches out to another platform, set to arrive this fall.
By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot
Posted Jun 26, 2008 7:04 pm GMT

Ascaron's Sacred 2: Fallen Angel may have been kicked out of heaven, but it has a handful of nice landing places picked out. Previously announced for the Xbox 360 and PC, the action role-playing game today was confirmed for the PlayStation 3 by publisher CDV Software Entertainment.

Although the PS3 edition of Fallen Angel was just revealed, Ascaron said it has been working on it for more than a year, and will be including some platform-specific features as well. In addition to "enhanced" graphics, the PS3 version will feature a redesigned interface, 5.1 channel Dolby Surround Sound, and drop-in cooperative split-screen play. Characters will be persistent, so experience and loot gained in multiplayer will transfer over to the single-player modes and vice versa.

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is set for release on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in November, preceded by the PC edition on September 30.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like a good diablo clone, if this has online co-op it should be ace. i read this was, on console at least 360 only but is now being released alongside ps3 version, with platform specific enhancments on ps3.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Cool. I was actually looking forward to this on the PC, but may consider the PS3 version.

YOu were looking forward to it Bobo? Could you give me a synopsis as to why? I'd love to be excited for another game this year.

Torillian said:
YOu were looking forward to it Bobo? Could you give me a synopsis as to why? I'd love to be excited for another game this year.

It's a Diablo clone.  I'm not a huge fan of Diablo's single player aspect, but those types of games are a lot of fun if you play with friends.  Although I never picked up Sacred 1, I heard good things about it.  And considering Diablo 3 might not arrive for a long time, there's not much to look forward to at the moment.

The reason I'm looking forward to it on the PS3 is that one of my friends who I used to play Diablo 2 with back in the day no longer has a PC capable of running any games made past 2004 (has trouble with HL2).  But he does have a PS3, so it should be a blast playing through the game with him, and a couple other friends.  Especially if there's voice-chat in the game.

Did I just see a bright yellow "?" above that npc's head? exactly like in World of Warcraft!!!

*head explodes*

Around the Network

The gameplay looks boring from that video. Is it a MMORPG? Because the gameplay suggests that it is...

doesnt look great

reask said:
doesnt look great

Tell that to Squilliam, Starcraft and Mr.Stickball

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28883

Sacred 1, while a competent Diablo clone still fell short on quality. Hopefully Sacred 2 is better.

*sigh* another WRPG, bring on the JRPGs dammit