By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

UPDATE! + 1 for XBOX360!!

(I think we all knoe which title)

it also looks like Call of Duty:WaW hit 1mil. as well, its not on the "million seller" page yet, but that will be another one.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Around the Network
MorgZ said:
@masterb8tr: care to backup your reasoning behind how you see the PS3 making up the deficit of 26 "million sellers" to topple the 360.

I think it is going to be a tight fight over number 1 but I think that the 360 will maintain its lead. Each semi decent First Part Nintendo franchise based game will sell 1 million. Nintendo games dont need to sell in such volumes to be profitable and I think the Wii will have a lot more 500k selling games but never topple the 360 with million sellers.

M$ are never going to abandon the 360 like they did the original Xbox.

I think there was a forum post a while back regarding how many million sellers the 360 would have by the end of 2008 and I think it was comfortably estimated at 50+.

On a side note its a shame VGchartz does not have EU sales data for SceneIT, i know that games been getting fairly decent sales in the UK and must be approaching £750k overall.

Secondly I really hope LO hits 1 million sales, its already nearly at £750k and with a bit of bundling will definitely top 1 million!

By the end of the generation the ps3 will have sold over twice as many units as the 360 worldwide helped by Europeam, Japanese sales, price cuts and branding. That will easily push it ahead in software too.

DTG said:
MorgZ said:
@masterb8tr: care to backup your reasoning behind how you see the PS3 making up the deficit of 26 "million sellers" to topple the 360.

I think it is going to be a tight fight over number 1 but I think that the 360 will maintain its lead. Each semi decent First Part Nintendo franchise based game will sell 1 million. Nintendo games dont need to sell in such volumes to be profitable and I think the Wii will have a lot more 500k selling games but never topple the 360 with million sellers.

M$ are never going to abandon the 360 like they did the original Xbox.

I think there was a forum post a while back regarding how many million sellers the 360 would have by the end of 2008 and I think it was comfortably estimated at 50+.

On a side note its a shame VGchartz does not have EU sales data for SceneIT, i know that games been getting fairly decent sales in the UK and must be approaching £750k overall.

Secondly I really hope LO hits 1 million sales, its already nearly at £750k and with a bit of bundling will definitely top 1 million!

By the end of the generation the ps3 will have sold over twice as many units as the 360 worldwide helped by Europeam, Japanese sales, price cuts and branding. That will easily push it ahead in software too.

you mind giving us any reason to believe why and how this could happen? Looks like fanboy daydreaming to me.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Xbox 360 - 48
Wii - 29
PS3 - 17

Next Week

PS3 - COD:WaW
Xbox 360 - Fifa, Fallout 3, Battlefield.

heruamon said:
"coolestguyever said:
The PS3 will in the end. It will surpass the 360 in LTD sales eventually and games will start to sell more on PS3. There are the best exclusives on PS3 as well.

Possible/Likely Future Million Sellers in 2008 alone (including multi-plat):

1. SOCOM - Definately"

ROFLOL...I'm not sure this is going to reach 500K.

You do know it hasn't released in Europe yet and it has 300k WW after 5 weeks, right?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS3 = 18

Wii = 30

XBOX360 = 51

the 360 has alot of million sellers right now and beyond!

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

I posted that there were 53 DS million-sellers less than a month ago when those Nintendo shipment numbers through September came out.

Currently, the database lists 61 DS million-sellers. Database updates do wonders. But, with 69 million-shippers through September, you have to figure the million-sellers number should be at least that high, and probably higher, by now.

Hopefully they keep improving the database for DS, because it should start racking up million-sellers at an unprecedented clip over the next 5 weeks and beyond. It will have the biggest worldwide hardware sales weeks and month of all time, with an install base quickly approaching 100m. That's going to move a lot of software.

And really, they need to improve the database for all current-gen systems; especially "others" data. The more I look through data for games not far below the million mark, the less I trust the totals in this thread...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Well I commented sometime back that the DS is the true winner of this Gen, however I believe the spirit of this thread deals with Home Consoles, if yu will, not portable. I don't think that notion has been contested.

Commando said:
Well I commented sometime back that the DS is the true winner of this Gen, however I believe the spirit of this thread deals with Home Consoles, if yu will, not portable. I don't think that notion has been contested.

When the Wii's total sales approach the DS's total sales, Wii will have more million-sellers. No doubt. The Wii's attach rate is already significantly higher than the DS's, as always happens between home systems and portables. So I don't think DS will be a winner in terms of having more million-sellers than the home consoles.

But anyways, I don't trust the totals for the 360 or Wii either. Hell, just check this thread: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=31884

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.