By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

Overall Wii, but for 3rd parties, I'd have to say 360.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network
Commando said:
thanks squilliam. According to data compiled on wikipedia the XBOX360 is nessled in between SNES and NES at 43 and 48 million sellers respectivly.

To be honest I expect the Xbox 360 to add another 10 million sellers to that list before the year is out. So it should blow past the NES easily. I have the feeling that the 360 will at least peak at 3x the number of million sellers of PS3 as many of the multiplat games on that system may not peak at 1,000,000 LTD sales and/or reach that metric a lot slower. Then it will probably drop but I can't see the absolute difference gap ever closing between the two, especially now considering the sales of the Xbox 360 are remaining quite strong.

Tease.

"coolestguyever said:
The PS3 will in the end. It will surpass the 360 in LTD sales eventually and games will start to sell more on PS3. There are the best exclusives on PS3 as well.

Possible/Likely Future Million Sellers in 2008 alone (including multi-plat):

1. SOCOM - Definately"

ROFLOL...I'm not sure this is going to reach 500K.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

From Nintendo's recent earnings reports:

The VGC database lists 53 DS million-sellers (29 first party and 24 third party), and 29 Wii million-sellers (15 first party and 14 third party). So of 16 missing DS games, 15 are third party, and all 7 missing Wii games are third party, which improves the Nintendo third party situation a ton in one fell swoop.

As for what games are missing...

For DS, Cooking Navi looks to be the missing first party game (Rhythm Heaven reached in October). These numbers appear to confirm that some of Nintendo's DS games like Metroid Prime Hunters, Star Fox Command and Kirby Canvas Curse have not sold 1M. For third parties, Spectrobes and Pony Friends were both announced to have shipped 1M.

For Wii, I assume Super Monkey Ball has sold 1M (Europe numbers are missing on VGC), and Deca Sports has been announced to have shipped 1M.

The 360 numbers could be are incomplete too, of course.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

masterb8tr said:
my guess is

1.wii
2.ps3
3. 360

Turn off your Dream Mode buton please.

Around the Network

So, 36 million sellers confirmed (not yet, shipped) for Wii

I think Super Monkey Ball, Deca Sporta, Tiger Woods 08 , Cooking Mama, DDR Hottest party, Naruto and Smarty Pants could be some of the not-counted million sellers.

My Prediction:

Wii>>>>>>>>>>>PS3>>>360

Update!! +1 for PS3. Fifa-09!!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Update
360 : 47
Wii : 29
PS3 : 17

The 360 is increasing the gap ;)

Of currently released games the following should easilly be million sellers :

360(6) : Fallout 3, GH:WT, FIFA09, Battlefield Bad Company, The Simpsons Game, Soul Calibur 4

Wii (3) : GH:WT, Deca Sporta, Lego Indiana Jones

PS3(4) : LBP, Re2, PES 2009, Madden 2009

Will probably be million sellers :
360 (3) : RB2, Lego Indiana Jones, Saints Row 2
Wii (1): Wii Music

PS3(1) : SWTFU, ( Fallout 3 probably too but too early to judge)

Those that said the Wii might want to start changing their mind....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I stand behind my statement and will continue to do so. I will wait for the holidays to be over before doing another look at the "million sellers per month" bit. Seems silly to do it now when the number will be radically different in the just one month. I am curious whether or not we will ever be able to learn what those uncounted million sellers are for the Wii, and how many the other consoles have as well.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

cool! good work Ail. Yeah personally I think its sad that The Simpson's Game reaches 1mil. but hey, thats not whats up for debate here. +2 Xbox360.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself