By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

1-Wii
2-360
3-Ps3

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
The PS3 will in the end. It will surpass the 360 in LTD sales eventually and games will start to sell more on PS3. There are the best exclusives on PS3 as well.

Possible/Likely Future Million Sellers in 2008 alone (including multi-plat):

1. SOCOM - Definately
2. Saints Row 2 - The first one was popular on 360
3. Rock Band 2 - First one only sold 0.75 so far, but bigger install base now
4. Midnight Club LA - Racing games sell well in EU
5. Far Cry 2 - Should get good reviews
6. Little Big Planet - Seems obvious
7. Guitar Hero World Tour - Seems obvious
8. Fallout 3 - Should be good
9. Motorstorm Pacific Rift - First one sold 3 million (yes, i know its bundled)
10. Resistance 2 - First one sold over 3 million
11. Tom Clancy's Endwar - Tom Clancy name sells, looks good too
12. Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - 2008 sold 1 million
13. Call of Duty: World at war - Should sell 1 million, not as many as CoD4 though

You could argue a couple of the above won't sell 1 million, but you have to admit at least 5 or 6 of them are all but guarenteed million sellers.

Beyond 2008:

1. Killzone 2
2. Resident Evil 5
3. Gran Turismo 5
4. God of War 3
5. Tom Clancy's HAWX - Maybe
6. All future Madden games
7. Bioshock 2
8. Ratchet and Clank Sequel
9. Call of Duty 6
10. Final Fantasy XIII
11. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
12. LA Noire? - rockstar games tend to be good
13. Twisted Metal PS3?
14. Timesplitters 4?
15. White Knight Chronicles
16. Bioshock 3 - Announced for 2011

If all the games i've mentioned in the above 2 lists become million sellers + the already 15 million sellers, PS3 could have 44 million sellers based just one games that have already been announced.

44 may be a bit high, so i'd say maybe 35-40 for sure on games currently announced.

p.s. sorry for long post

and thats where the 360 is now lol.... so your telling me until 2010 the 360 will not have another game sell over 1 million?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

LOL at anyone who says PS3 will overtake the 360 in million sellers. I means its becoming impossible with all these exclusives they are losing. Tekken 6 was a million seller they would have gained had it been only for the PS3. Now it will probably sell more on the 360 and that might take sales from the PS3 version and who knows it might not even make it to a million now!!!

Everstar said:

360... People that are saying that the PS3 will have more million sellers than the 360?

really ?

no really?

I mean i can see the wii if it ever gets 3rd party titles but the PS3?

Hey, with a year head start, you didn't think the Wii would surpass Xbox 360 sales even with the one year gap differance?  Nope, some people didn't believe it or accept it since it is just a system with kiddie games. Now who is laughing now? Its possible, 360 and PS3 are like 5 million apart from each other, PS3 can easily catch up if PS3 goes back to selling overall like it did from November 07-July 08 this year.

1. Wii

2. PS3

3. 360

Either way, this will come true. Xbox 360 will eventually come out with a new system around 2010-2011. Then sales will slow down like it did with the Xbox and come to a stop while PS3 will still continue to support its system till 2012 and will be cheaper than the Xbox 720. By then... everyone will be bragging about how great the Xbox 720 is over the PS4 and Wii2.

fayewong said:
Everstar said:

360... People that are saying that the PS3 will have more million sellers than the 360?

really ?

no really?

I mean i can see the wii if it ever gets 3rd party titles but the PS3?

Hey, with a year head start, you didn't think the Wii would surpass Xbox 360 sales even with the one year gap differance?  Nope, some people didn't believe it or accept it since it is just a system with kiddie games. Now who is laughing now? Its possible, 360 and PS3 are like 5 million apart from each other, PS3 can easily catch up if PS3 goes back to selling overall like it did from November 07-July 08 this year.

1. Wii

2. PS3

3. 360

Either way, this will come true. Xbox 360 will eventually come out with a new system around 2010-2011. Then sales will slow down like it did with the Xbox and come to a stop while PS3 will still continue to support its system till 2012 and will be cheaper than the Xbox 720. By then... everyone will be bragging about how great the Xbox 720 is over the PS4 and Wii2.

41 360 million sellers

15 PS3 million sellers

25 wii million sellers

you can add the wii and the PS3 together for god sakes and still not have as many as the 360 lmao... Plus most titles that are comming out for the PS3 are comming to the 360 anyways so the 360 should only continue to grow on its lead of million sellers....

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

29 Wii million sellers, correction :)

Probably more if we could get Europe/Others numbers for some titles that are missing them and could be platinum if added-

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Xbox 360 - 43

Ps3 - 16

Wii - 29

Even though the wii is some 11+ million units ahead its still far behind in million sellers, the 360 must be doing something right!

I predict after christmas

Xbox 360 - 65+

Ps3 - 25+

Wii - 40+

PS3
WII

heres my reasoning:

i no most people on here wont agree with me but i think that Wii sales are going to die down alot. i believe this because people are fed up of "medioce" games. That is only my opinion. PS3 has a far longer life span tha 360 and it will eventually outsell it and thus overtaking it in million sellers.

oliminator1994 said:
PS3
WII

heres my reasoning:

i no most people on here wont agree with me but i think that Wii sales are going to die down alot. i believe this because people are fed up of "medioce" games. That is only my opinion. PS3 has a far longer life span tha 360 and it will eventually outsell it and thus overtaking it in million sellers.

I know its your opinion but ... its pathetic.

Wii sales are not just going to die, there is no reason to believe they will other than the fact you want them to.

The market will choose how long the PS3's lifespan is not Sony, just because they tell you it will last ten years doesn't mean its fact.

The xbox was selling for 6 years. Ok the last 2 years were slow but that was due to M$ having to cease production of it. They have already stated they hope to keep the 360 on the market for much longer, so even if its out in the shops the lenght of time the original xbox was that still means the 360 will be in shops come 2012.

Why don't you look at things logically and then make another post?

P.s

"PS3 has a far longer life span tha 360 and it will eventually outsell it and thus overtaking it in million sellers."

The Wii is 11 million units ahead of the 360 but still 14 million sellers behind, go figure.

The 360 will add Star Wars the Force Unleashed to its collection next week.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger