By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

konnichiwa said:
Commando said:
I think that the purpose of the thread is really only the "big three". Elsewise DS obviously wins hands down. but predicting the number of million sellers for any facet I'm sure is welcome!

DS?  Not really.

Probably the Wii but I sometimes wonder though.  I mean it is very likely that the next three months the PS3 and X360 are going to have more million sellers.  And great that the Wii will get a lot of 3d party exclusives, just look to what was announced at the N conference how many are going to be a million seller?

The Wii will have for sure the most exclusive million sellers and it maybe already haves the most exclusive million sellers.

The DS is currently sitting at 53 million-sellers. A couple of games (FFIV, or example) will undoubtedly jump to that magic number as the holidays plow through. There will be many more million sellers from here on out.

I want to know how you expect the DS to not ultimately win out.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
konnichiwa said:
Commando said:
I think that the purpose of the thread is really only the "big three". Elsewise DS obviously wins hands down. but predicting the number of million sellers for any facet I'm sure is welcome!

DS?  Not really.

Probably the Wii but I sometimes wonder though.  I mean it is very likely that the next three months the PS3 and X360 are going to have more million sellers.  And great that the Wii will get a lot of 3d party exclusives, just look to what was announced at the N conference how many are going to be a million seller?

The Wii will have for sure the most exclusive million sellers and it maybe already haves the most exclusive million sellers.

The DS is currently sitting at 53 million-sellers. A couple of games (FFIV, or example) will undoubtedly jump to that magic number as the holidays plow through. There will be many more million sellers from here on out.

I want to know how you expect the DS to not ultimately win out.

It is a handheld, they always have it harder to get a million seller.  It sold more than 80 million units is now four years on the market and it haves 53 million sellers...Is that so impressive (talking about million sellers)? The Wii and X360 haves a big chance to pass the DS in million sellers in the next two years imo.

Hmm VG charts is actually listing it as 54 Million sellers now. I think a new one just hit the chart.

Also when looking at legs of DS sales I don't see the million sellers stopping anytime soon.

Just look at Nintendogs-Ueber Alles /lol

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

coolestguyever said:
The PS3 will in the end. It will surpass the 360 in LTD sales eventually and games will start to sell more on PS3. There are the best exclusives on PS3 as well.

Possible/Likely Future Million Sellers in 2008 alone (including multi-plat):

1. SOCOM - Definately
2. Saints Row 2 - The first one was popular on 360
3. Rock Band 2 - First one only sold 0.75 so far, but bigger install base now
4. Midnight Club LA - Racing games sell well in EU
5. Far Cry 2 - Should get good reviews
6. Little Big Planet - Seems obvious
7. Guitar Hero World Tour - Seems obvious
8. Fallout 3 - Should be good
9. Motorstorm Pacific Rift - First one sold 3 million (yes, i know its bundled)
10. Resistance 2 - First one sold over 3 million
11. Tom Clancy's Endwar - Tom Clancy name sells, looks good too
12. Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - 2008 sold 1 million
13. Call of Duty: World at war - Should sell 1 million, not as many as CoD4 though

You could argue a couple of the above won't sell 1 million, but you have to admit at least 5 or 6 of them are all but guarenteed million sellers.

Beyond 2008:

1. Killzone 2
2. Resident Evil 5
3. Gran Turismo 5
4. God of War 3
5. Tom Clancy's HAWX - Maybe
6. All future Madden games
7. Bioshock 2
8. Ratchet and Clank Sequel
9. Call of Duty 6
10. Final Fantasy XIII
11. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
12. LA Noire? - rockstar games tend to be good
13. Twisted Metal PS3?
14. Timesplitters 4?
15. White Knight Chronicles
16. Bioshock 3 - Announced for 2011

If all the games i've mentioned in the above 2 lists become million sellers + the already 15 million sellers, PS3 could have 44 million sellers based just one games that have already been announced.

44 may be a bit high, so i'd say maybe 35-40 for sure on games currently announced.

p.s. sorry for long post

Right, but about 14 of those games are going to be selling 1 million copies on the 360 as well. So while the PS3 numbers go up, the 360 ones will too.

Seen as there are ps3/wii lists might as well make a 360 one!

Exclusive 100% -

1) Gears of War 2
2) Fable 2

Exclusive, Good Chance -

3) Banjo Kazooie
4) Scene it Box Office Smash (Did 650k without EU Numbers)
5) Lips
6) L4D

Multiplats 100% -

7) Call of Duty 5
8) Saints Row 2
9) GH:WT
10) Fallout 3
11) Smackdown vs. Raw 2009
12) Need for Speed: Undercover

Other Multiplats -

12) MK VS DC
13) Tom Clancys End War
14) Command & Conquer 3
15) Prince of Persia

Current Potential Million Sellers -

16) Rock Band 2
17) Soul Calibur
18) Fifa 09
19) Star Wars:TFU
20) Battlefield:BC
21) The Simpsons Game (LOL @ 930k)!

It wouldn't be a stretch to say the 360 could reach 65+ Million sellers by 2009

Around the Network

I'd say Splinter Cell 5 is a million seller... they are redoing it and I'm guessing it's going to kick ass. Starwars Lego: Original Tril. (360) is really close at just 20 bucks... I wonder if it'll push past that mark. Look at all those sports games that came so cose, but failed to make it to a mill... I doubt that will happen again... so you can throw in all versions of Madden, NBAXX, and Tiger Woods XX... FIFA 09 is def a million seller on the 360 and I think TFU will make it... if just barely. I don't know about The Simpsons... I think once it hits the 20 dollar bin it'll make the jump.

DS is probably closing in on 70 million-sellers. VGC numbers are incomplete. I seem to recall the actual number was around 56 or 58 some months ago... Maybe even at the turn of the year.

But this number will easily be surpassed by the Wii. DS is beating what past handhelds have done in terms of software sales, but it is not in the realm of past home consoles. When Wii has an 80M install base, of course it will have more million-sellers than DS has now.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I think we should count arcade titles

The Wii will have the most million sellers.

The userbase will be too great for the 360 to compete with. However, the 360 will put up a big fight in that department, and it might take a few more years.

But when the Wii hits the 80M-100M userbase, Wii software blowing past 500k will be ordinary. Platinum (1 million) will be the new Gold for it (500k).

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

360... People that are saying that the PS3 will have more million sellers than the 360?

really ?

no really?

I mean i can see the wii if it ever gets 3rd party titles but the PS3?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)