By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It begins the creator of GEARS OF WAR calls MGS4 " passive entertainment"

StanGable said:
I'm not gonna lie, I like this guy not because he's cocky, but because he says the right things that will piss off countless of mindless Sony Fanboys!

He doesn't just piss off sony fans, he pisses off  most people who aren't a fan of the 360 or gears. He is as arrogant as they get, and then he thinks hes better than people who done so much more in gaming than he has done or most lkely will.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
All the guys at Epic games are "mom's basement geeks" who don't see what's so insulting about the crap they spew when they go out of their way to be hostile and insulting towards other companies.

You know that guy. The one who isn't perceptive in the least, and when he wrecks your car he "can't see what the big deal is. I mean, you HAVE insurance, get over it."

That kinda guy. I hate em. Jaffe too.

Those are the kinds of guys (Not my Jaffe! ) that I dropkick in the throat.

i love how all the sonyboys get crazy^^ LOL

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
All the guys at Epic games are "mom's basement geeks" who don't see what's so insulting about the crap they spew when they go out of their way to be hostile and insulting towards other companies.

You know that guy. The one who isn't perceptive in the least, and when he wrecks your car he "can't see what the big deal is. I mean, you HAVE insurance, get over it."

That kinda guy. I hate em. Jaffe too.

I hate the valve fat guy the most....dunno his name thats why I used the physical detail..so please don't ban me

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Soriku said:
fazz said:
Yeah, because sitting on your couch with a controller, and moving only your fingers is not passive at all.

XD Epic win dude :D Epic is a crappy developer anyway so screw them. I'd rather buy a Kojima game than even THINK about buying an Epic game.

People are critizing MGS for having a lot of cutscenes while JRPGs seem to get away with it.  There are a lot of cutscenes in MGS4 but there is also plenty of gameplay to back it up.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Although it is rare for me to agree with Cliffy B. I do agree with him here (although he said it in a kind of douche bag way) ... The fact is that the way Metal Gear Solid tells its story is inflexable and passive, and is (potentially) outdated when you compare it with other games like Half-Life or Bioshock.

Wow, thats not even funny.

mM
HappySqurriel said:

Although it is rare for me to agree with Cliffy B. I do agree with him here (although he said it in a kind of douche bag way) ... The fact is that the way Metal Gear Solid tells its story is inflexable and passive, and is (potentially) outdated when you compare it with other games like Half-Life or Bioshock.

Have you played MGS4?? I don't think so

{throws squirells & pumpkins @ happysquirel}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

They should change their name any way. I think if they add the word fail behind epic that would be nice.

HappySqurriel said:

have you even played the game?I didn't think so,,,you just agree cause you want to jump on PS3 in every single post,,,no?just check your post history.

darthdevidem01 said:
HappySqurriel said:

Have you played MGS4?? I don't think so

{throws squirells & pumpkins @ happysquirel}

Not yet ... Played 1, 2 and 3 though and I'm planning on borrowing a PS3 to try out 4.

From what I understand, Metal Gear Solid 4 continues with the standard Metal Gear Solid formula of play for a little while and then watch a movie to get the story; this was a cutting edge storytelling technique when the Sega CD was released.