By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It begins the creator of GEARS OF WAR calls MGS4 " passive entertainment"

Lol i really hate that cocky guy i remember him(if i am not mistaken) talking about wii like it was a virus or something. He's such an ass and if anything he should just shut up. I for one hated gears of war 1 and i think its my worst purchase ever, while metal gear solid4 is my best. So difference in opinion.

Around the Network
fazz said:
Yeah, because sitting on your couch with a controller, and moving only your fingers is not passive at all.

That is the reason I play with my wii I got the wii remote. Which can accidently hit someone so it's not passive.

Cliff Bleszinski is my new hero

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

I think when he means passive, he is probably referring to the lengthy cutscenes in MGS4. Lenghty cutscenes are not as archaic as people say they are so I am not seeing the issue.

leo-j said:
DonWii said:
If Passive means slow pace, I kind of agree.
That is why it is a Tactical Espionage Action game.

It doesnt mean slow pace, he isnt talking about the gameplay.

Well the ratio of cutscene/action in the game im playing is about 40/60 it seems. I have it saved at the first boss fight. Got a very special rocket launcher for that... *had to stop because Snake got a green head due to glitches - definately not Crysis killing material when Snake has a green head.*

Gears doesn't have cutscenes AFAIK. I never played the game.

Tease.

Around the Network
fazz said:
Yeah, because sitting on your couch with a controller, and moving only your fingers is not passive at all.

But..but.. you can TILT THE CONTROLLER using ur amrs!!! with motion controls in mgs4 =D

mM

Hopefully he will increase the vocabulary of the main characters in GEOW from just 2 swear words....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wow. CliffyB can go fuck off.

Way to talk shit on another company. Hideo Kojima is so much better than that 17 year old teen trapped in a thirty-something body.

Why don't you go back to dying your hair platinum blonde, and make your testosterone driven videogames while people who enjoy "passive entertainment", play our critically acclaimed game, and game director who is humble.

Arrogance/cockiness is so annoying to me. The little respect I had for CliffyB just went out the window with that dumb-ass comment.

I wondered how long it would be before someone started this thread...Yes, you are sensationalizing this!!!
He was dissing the huge amount of cutscenes in MSG4(i know diehard fans love'em but it is passive entertainment), not the actual game itself...

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

Aww nobody agrees with my comment on how he's just trying to gather publicity? :(
Least passive so far would be Wii

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)