By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It begins the creator of GEARS OF WAR calls MGS4 " passive entertainment"

he loves those cutscenes doesn't he ROFL

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

All the guys at Epic games are "mom's basement geeks" who don't see what's so insulting about the crap they spew when they go out of their way to be hostile and insulting towards other companies.

You know that guy. The one who isn't perceptive in the least, and when he wrecks your car he "can't see what the big deal is. I mean, you HAVE insurance, get over it."

That kinda guy. I hate em. Jaffe too.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Squilliam said:
leo-j said:
DonWii said:
If Passive means slow pace, I kind of agree.
That is why it is a Tactical Espionage Action game.

It doesnt mean slow pace, he isnt talking about the gameplay.

Well the ratio of cutscene/action in the game im playing is about 40/60 it seems. I have it saved at the first boss fight. Got a very special rocket launcher for that... *had to stop because Snake got a green head due to glitches - definately not Crysis killing material when Snake has a green head.*

Gears doesn't have cutscenes AFAIK. I never played the game.

It has a couple of short cutscenes, and a couple longer ones (RAAM killing that one guy, and the last scene).  Overall very light on the cutscenes though.  Not that it really mattered, because the story in Gears of War 1 was pretty nonexistant.

fuck him thats all i have to say no respect what a little bitch

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

I'm not gonna lie, I like this guy not because he's cocky, but because he says the right things that will piss off countless of mindless Sony Fanboys!

What are you looking at, nerd?
Around the Network

CliffyB can go fuck himself. Shouldn't talk to people who are better than you like that. It would be like Robbie Williams slagging off Mozart. 

EDIT: 2000TH POST... YEAH! WHAT A POST!

ZenfoldorVGI said:
All the guys at Epic games are "mom's basement geeks" who don't see what's so insulting about the crap they spew when they go out of their way to be hostile and insulting towards other companies.

You know that guy. The one who isn't perceptive in the least, and when he wrecks your car he "can't see what the big deal is. I mean, you HAVE insurance, get over it."

That kinda guy. I hate em. Jaffe too.

Haha, if CliffyB is the basement geek, is Mark Rein the "mom."  I remember Mark Rein doing a ton of damage control about some crap CliffyB said about the PC platform.

According to the that douchebag, all movies are on their way out as movies are all about sitting passively on your couch.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

he can eat shit ,,he is a f*g ,,,,he can go to hell for all I care,,,lol jk

I love both of these games ,,they are both brilliant games and i am happy they are different while both have shooting in common,,,gamers should be happy and thankful that these two brilliant games exist.

Although it is rare for me to agree with Cliffy B. I do agree with him here (although he said it in a kind of douche bag way) ... The fact is that the way Metal Gear Solid tells its story is inflexable and passive, and is (potentially) outdated when you compare it with other games like Half-Life or Bioshock.