By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So if Nintendo released information about about the new Wii Zelda at E3...

Would it really be a good idea?

I mean, I'd personally love to see something about that, but only if we didn't have to wait 5 years for it! (Not that it'd take 5 years to bring it out, it's just TP's delayed launch cut me deep)

Of course I'd put my money on them keeping the next Zelda under-wraps until next year sometime, but hey, Zelda speculation deserves a thread every year before E3.

I bet (hope) they release something like Animal Crossing Wii info, They'll Announce a Big Gun(s) for sure.

Around the Network

Zelda TP just came out and that was built for the Gamecube. So they can't use everything they did in TP, which of course means longer dev times. I'd bet we will hear news of a new Zelda at next years E3 at the earliest.

They're already working on the new Zelda for over a year, according to rumors, I sincerely hope they come with some information real soon! I just love Zelda!

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Comming out with news about it so soon after TP's release might result in a muddled affect with fans, I feel info released at this point might result in, "another Zelda game? Didn't they just come out with one?"

I actually agree with ballsy up there... you don't want to drown your fans in Zelda. What would be *really* devious of Nintendo would be if they worked on this Zelda in secret, and didn't announce it until like 2 months before release. Announce it on a non-important day (like they did with the Wii-mote, and the name "Wii"), and everyone goes crazy, and suddenly Nintendo gets extra press, and everyone goes wild for pre-orders, and it feels like the game's being released *early.*

Do it Nintendo! Keep your trap shut!

Around the Network

I really don't think they're going to say anything other than "yes, we have a Zelda game in development" just because 1) it's so soon after TP and 2) there are plenty of other things that they have to talk about and show off.

I'm guessing the next time we're going to see a big Zelda announcement is next E3 or the next big Nintendo event late next year.

It's too soon for more Zelda -- epic games on an annual cycle would succumb to Maddenitis, I fear. Traditionally it's been several years between releases lately, I don't see any reason for that to change. Let some other IP have the new release spotlight -- TP is still selling quite well as the Wii userbase grows, so even if there IS another title in development there's no reason to rush. I'd hate to see a Dragon Quest Swords-ish or "Link and the Quest of Puzzles" quickie Zelda game -- just wouldn't qualify as a true franchise entry.

Plus, Zelda Phantom Hourglass is already on the way.

Here's a chart for the release years they won't come out with any infomation besides the fact a new is in development and it's going to be a whole new look and style to the normal Zelda.

My guess is an announcement in 1st or 2nd quarter 2008.

But boy, an announcement this year would rock.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )