By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So if Nintendo released information about about the new Wii Zelda at E3...

I don't think that it's necessary. Nintendo just needs to focus on what they have coming out this year so they can really show off what the Wii can do. They may mention it in passing, but I don't think that we'll see any specifics.

Around the Network
fishamaphone said:
I actually agree with ballsy up there... you don't want to drown your fans in Zelda. What would be *really* devious of Nintendo would be if they worked on this Zelda in secret, and didn't announce it until like 2 months before release. Announce it on a non-important day (like they did with the Wii-mote, and the name "Wii"), and everyone goes crazy, and suddenly Nintendo gets extra press, and everyone goes wild for pre-orders, and it feels like the game's being released *early.*

Do it Nintendo! Keep your trap shut!

i agree but nintendo came out with the wii remote at theTokyo Game Show and the name Wii at a pre E3 press confrenc. but yeah i dont really feel like having aNy zelda news for awhile i wana hear about a hard drive instead

If nintendo were to release any imformation about zelda at this years E3, then it would over shadow everthing. That includes anything microsoft or sony have up there sleaves, but saying that I dont think they will cuz the biggy for them this year is gonna be mario kart wii which in my opinion could be as big as halo 2 was online. sorry im going off topic a little. I just get to excited!

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

An announcemtn isn't too far off. They announced TP at E3 2004, a year after Wind Waker. They probobly won't release one this year though.

OMG I forgot all about Mario Kart Wii!

Around the Network

Probably won't be much if anything of Zelda, they have too much other stuff to talk about and show off this year, save Zelda for next year.

ArtofAngels said:
OMG I forgot all about Mario Kart Wii!

If that comes out this year you can kill me on Jan 1st 2008. The next year will never be any where near this one.

On second though, forget that. I still have to play Brawl.

They are releasing Super Mario Galaxy this year. Will they show clips of the next Mario game at E3 2008? Probably not.

Nintendo doesn't need a big E3. There is really nothing they can do at E3 that will make their products sell more. Play it like Apple and wait for a time when you can dominate the news.

When was the last E3 that Nintendo DIDN'T show off anything relating to Zelda (console)? From memory it has been shown at every E3 (at least) since they showed off the original footage for prototype GC titles (E3 2000) - which had that cool Link vrs Ganon (short) fight.

I think they will throw in something short at the end - but not actually show off anything significant for the game. Basically a tech demo of sorts, to show how Link could look on the Wii (or something like that).

Proper trailer (maybe some game) next E3, and a full playable demo in E3 '09 (release Xmas '09). I can handle a new Zelda (console) every 3 years...

Mario Kart Wii will arrive next year. Absolutely no reason to release it this year - work/polish it to perfection, awesome online racing... and a Xmas '08 release.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099