By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon sales staying strong

Pretty much anticipated Pokemon sales staying strong. Millions of bored kids are getting home for their summer vacation. Look for sales to stay strong in June.

Many of these kids are also getting their first DS. Look for other DS software to pickup mid-summer as these kids get bored with Pokemon.

The Pokebomb has yet to even hit Europe. Muahahaha!!! At this point I feel pretty confident it will beat Ruby/Sapphire eventually.  

Around the Network

Yeah...don't exclude adults either...cmon.

I mean, of course kids play Pokemon, but I know at least 7 people over the age of 19 that have Pokemon now hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Japans sales will definately overtake Ruby/Saphire soon, and I'm sure NA and Euro numbers will follow suit, but I honestly can't see it touching the original versions sales... Or will it? No, probly not. How did those games manage to sell so many millions of millions?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I have the (import) version of Diamond. Not playing it at the moment, 'cos I'm working my way through FF3 - but once that's done, its back to Poke-land baby!

Oh yeah - I'm 32. My friend (who got his copy 2 weeks before me) is 37. Not just for kids.

PS - really enjoying the game. It just seems generally more polished, and I love the touch screen control. Very satisfying - I would recommend it to anyone who likes a LONG game, that involves RPG elements and multiplayer. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Agreed Pokemon is not just for kids. Its over 10 yrs old meaning the fanbase is getting older as well. Just a good RPG for all ages. Remember it was a game first. All created by Nintendo for gaming. But as all smart corporations do with huge hits they continue to market it off.

But sales will most likely stay strong throughout the year. On average Pokemon games sale about 5 million per territory. I expect this duo to get to about 16-17 million.

Around the Network

I'm 20 and I have Pokemon, seriously I'm not your geeky type but I know about 5 other people around my age or older that have Pokemon DS,

Infact I don't know anyone younger then 18 that has it.

I'm from Australia and my friends and I get it from an import games store.

(Pretty much all of Australian game stores import USA's DS/GBA/PSP games and sell them at normal AUD RRP) They actually make profit out of the difference.

I'm 13 and I have it, i don't know for sure anyone my age who has gotten it, i know two of my friends that have considered,

It's a great game, love having the Poketch there (i can finally bear using an itemfinder) and the day-night function reminds me of the time where i was playing Pokemon Silver on the GBC, and there are a lot of good improvements (the world looks great with the 3D) so i can see why adults can enjoy it.

Nintendo fan, though i also like the PS1-era Sony

Sales Predictions (+-.5mil) at end of fiscal 2007

Wii- 23 million- Brawl will hopefully make it higher.
360-20 million- GTA IV's release date will be a big factor
PS3- 12 million- Same as 360, MGS4 also big factor

Yeah I agree. Me and many of my friends all have it (all over 20 years old) and we love it. Most of us have been playing pokemon games since RBY. I can't imagine any game outselling it in 07.

Pokemon has stood the test of time as a gaming phenomenon. World wide Diamond and Pearl will probably sell over 16 million units, maybe even push 20 million. IMO it's a lock to sell 6 million in the Americas, 6 million in Japan, and at least 5 milllion in Europe. Personally it's not close to my favorite series, but I have to just respect it's staying power.

oh how i'd like to spend my summer holidays with that game, but sadly it only releases on July 27th here in Europe. Well, Castlevania, FF III or VI will do fine I think.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)