By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu hardware results in, PS3 big drop

Fernando said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@MANUELF

I own both.....PS3 has more great games imo

MGS4, uncharted, GT 5: P, R & C, COD4, GTA 4....much larger variety

Well, we have Super Mario Galaxy (better reviewed than MGS4), Super Paper Mario, SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda, Zack and Wiki, No More Heroes,  Mario Strikers, etc... and a lot of upcoming games...

Talk about variety... I named a platformer, an RPG, a fighter, a racer, a FPS, an adventure game, a point and click puzzle game, an action game and a sport game...

SMG I agree for is the 2nd best game this gen......SSBB i coming next week so very happy, Wii FIt is fun, MP3 is nice....but the rest especially Mario Strikers & Zac & Wiki are nothing extraordinary.....Zelda I will buy the wii one

But in the end I own more PS3 games than wii ones....so I need to take that into account and say yes for me PS3 has the better amount of games....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@MANUELF

I own both.....PS3 has more great games imo

MGS4, uncharted, GT 5: P, R & C, COD4, GTA 4....much larger variety

that is not true.

Lets not turn this into a fanboy battle between PS3 and Wii.

The one thing both of you should be able to admit is that both consoles have games that are exclusive and worth playing.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

It is good to know that the argument that the PS3 low sales are because it doesn't have games is proven invalid with the comments here.

And I think you're overestimating the impact of a smaller model will have.

I never said it would have a huge impact. Pricing is different, a 200$ PS3 will be a much more formidable opponent to a Wii of any price. And since the slimline version will also make the PS3 cheaper that is the important factor.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
I'm not saying that a smaller console might not sell better, but I think there is more to sales than just the physical size. Wii Fit is not all that small, yet that hasn't prevented it from selling like gangbusters.

Agreed with the first part... there's more to console sale in Japan than just size, although I think it may be a bigger factor than you appear to believe.

As far as the WiiFit, it can be slid under a couch, etc., i.e. - it doesn't have to take up precious entertainment cabinet space.

well i expected a drop but not this big

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"