By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Over 1 Million WIIs sold in Germany says Nintendo

Über 1 Mio. Wii in Deutschland verkauft

25.06.08 - Nintendo gibt bekannt, dass von der Wii mittlerweile mehr als 1 Mio. Einheiten in Deutschland verkauft wurden. Die Konsole kam Ende 2006 in den Handel.

www.gamefront.de

Around the Network

And wii domination continues...

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

but no this cannot be, 26 million wii's have been sold worldwide according to unknown sources !!!oneoneeleven.

serious mode, this is great news for nintendo =).

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Shipped or sold? Oh well, doesn't make that much difference for hardware. It's not like shops can have piles and piles of consoles as easily as software.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

hooray for the wii!

Around the Network

Says Nintendo.

Wow ... Germany has a pretty high percentage from the total Wii hardware then :o

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Neos said:
but no this cannot be, 26 million wii's have been sold worldwide according to unknown sources !!!oneoneeleven.

serious mode, this is great news for nintendo =).

Because the thread about that has been close:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=30699

And because the source of the "information" ( http://www.jeux-france.com/news28031_26-millions-de-wii-dans-le-monde.html ) was in french, i had something to say about that.

First, when i see these worldwide numbers (shipped numbers) given by Stephan Bole, PDG de Nintendo France (so Neos there is really an official source for that), i refuse to make a thread about that because the number of wii is absolutely not accurate. Stephan bole said: more than 26 million, which for me can say: 26,2m; 26,8m; 27,5m; or why not 28m. And no date for this number. For the number of 360 and ps3, Stephan bole is more accurate in his matter but always no date.

Second, because it's soon the end of the second quaterfly of 2008, i see no interest to post an innacurate, non dated number when soon an accurate number will come.

So for all the user of vgchartz: There is actually more than 26 million wii shipped in the world, what is confirmed by vgchartz, because vgchartz said 27,72m sold to consumer.

ioi don't need to fix something, because there is absolutely no contradiction between the two numbers.

If i said that in this thread, it's because the user which make the close thread was imcompetent to give this conclusion, which for me is strange.

When you have sold more than 26 million wii, you really can have sold 27,72 million wii.

Not agree all users?????

hunter_alien said:
Wow ... Germany has a pretty high percentage from the total Wii hardware then :o

Germany population - 82 million, more than one fourth of USA's population. Nothing to be surprised about IMO.

BTW, Vgchartz agrees with this number.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Says Nintendo.

Are you implying they are lying?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down