By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Over 1 Million WIIs sold in Germany says Nintendo

A hell of a lot of Wiis were shipped from germany and sold on UK ebay, there were 100s sold per day upto christmas. I know that is probably a small % of 1 million but its still a consideration to how they sold so many. Before christmas there were reports of stocks in every german store while the UK were sold out within minutes.

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Says Nintendo.

Says randomly generated troll-bot 3075440-4A

Congratz on one million Wii console sales milestone in Germany.

nine0nine said:
A hell of a lot of Wiis were shipped from germany and sold on UK ebay, there were 100s sold per day upto christmas. I know that is probably a small % of 1 million but its still a consideration to how they sold so many. Before christmas there were reports of stocks in every german store while the UK were sold out within minutes.

Very true... I bought my console from Amazon Germany and I don't live in Germany either.

Regarding software, I have bought games from Germany, UK and Sweden. I don't know how common this is, but I think many people buy games from UK online shops, since they usually have the best deals.

That's why I usually take the European (or at least the EU) market as a whole. There's 100% free trade here, just like in the USA.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Nintendo Uber Alles

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

Doesn't really matter whether it was a German resident that bought, or a tourist. I bet the retail store got the same amount of profit from the sale.

Congrats to Nintendo and in particular to NOE.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

How many of these consoles have stayed in Germany ?
I doubt that even half of them would be good amount.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Is the Wii Nintendo's best selling console in Germany?

Awesome!

bleu, go read a book.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Renar said:
Doesn't really matter whether it was a German resident that bought, or a tourist. I bet the retail store got the same amount of profit from the sale.

Congrats to Nintendo and in particular to NOE.

But who cares about retailer profits here? ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957