By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else think Little Big Planet will sell terribly?

I think pricing is gonna be pretty key for this game. If they make this a full priced $60 game, I think a lot of people are going to be very reluctant to pick this up. Sony needs to treat this game a bit like they treated Patapon. Both were pretty original ideas with pick up and play accessibility, but the concepts are totally unproven in the market. As such, Sony needs to value price this game so that no one is afraid to make an investment in such an unproven game. Below $40 or failure.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

I don't think it'll sell well to be perfectly honest.

It will probably do well in Japan, but I feel that this game is going to join the ranks of Beyond Good and Evil, and Okami as one of the best games that nobody is playing. It's a pity, really. The game is trying something different, and deserve a lot of success. If it doesn't sell very well, we can look forward to more FPS's, Racers, and such.

I'm not particularly interested, but I'm going to buy this for my kid. Games like Loco Roco, Patapon, and this need to be supported. Variety is the spice of life. Spice is also the spice of life.

edit: lol, wrong topic.

LBP should sell pretty well, has a lot of hype.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

d21lewis said:
It will probably do well in Japan, but I feel that this game is going to join the ranks of Beyond Good and Evil, and Okami as one of the best games that nobody is playing. It's a pity, really. The game is trying something different, and deserve a lot of success. If it doesn't sell very well, we can look forward to more FPS's, Racers, and such.

I'm not particularly interested, but I'm going to buy this for my kid. Games like Loco Roco, Patapon, and this need to be supported. Variety is the spice of life. Spice is also the spice of life.

Did those games have any advertising at all?

LBP is already being included in tv ads for the ps3, and the game won't be coming out for another four months!

Around the Network

Zen: you aren't doing well with being on the right topic lately, heh...

Little Big Planet is going to storm the world. How can you not be excited by this game?

makingmusic476 said:
d21lewis said:

Did those games have any advertising at all?

LBP is already being included in tv ads for the ps3, and the game won't be coming out for another four months!

I'd never heard of Beyond Good and Evil until critics started listing it as a game everyone should play that isn't selling. Btw, it must have worked because they are making a sequel. Little Big Planet is going to be huge.

It will sell well. massive advertising and hype

This game has the power to glue Sony's IPs together like nothing before it. If I were in Sony's shoes I'd market this game with developer made content packs/levels that tie into Sony's larger stable of IPs. A Killzone, God of War, Rachet and Clank, or Uncharted download pack with items, costums, and textures from those games would sell like crazy to fans of those games (the sort of fan service Nintendo capitalizes on with Smash Bros.)

Do this, and the game will sell like crazy.

not really..