By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else think Little Big Planet will sell terribly?

It will probably sell about a million

Around the Network

Little Big Planet will sell like Uncharted

Paul said:
I think it will sell about as good as ratchet and clank.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.  It will sell well but not live up to Sonyfanboy expectations of being a system saviour or even being a system seller for that matter.

It will probably be remember fondly as the game that should have been on Wii.  Not because it wasn't great on PS3 but because PS3 owners overlooked it by and large.

Look at Rachet and Clank

If Sony can get those numbers in Japan then sure it will past 1.8 million. But I don't know about 5 million.

It's a platformer, and unless your Mario you don't sell well as a platformer these days.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

It will sell at least a million based on advertising alone, just like R&C Future. Hell, the TV ads have already begun. Sony has often pointed to this title as their big exclusive for the end of the year, even above Resistance 2, so you know they'll be pushing it heavily.

Of course, one million is merely my low end estimate. Personally, I think this game will go on to sell 4+ million. This game will start off slow, with mainly hardcore gamers like us buying it (and judging by the reactions of forumites and journalists alike, there will be plenty of us, as this game seems to hold a sway over gamers like no other), but it will have extremely long legs, with things like word of mouth and the ever expanding user generated content of the game pulling in more and more people.

Around the Network

I don't think this game will live up to the hype, but only because of how heavily it's been hyped. I can easily see it doing GTAIV numbers, but with better legs, but it will still have people somehow calling it on disappointing sales

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

I really don't know about that, I almost safe if I said it would cap at 2.5 million on the high end.

Ps3 is thought of as a gaming console for theater style gaming, now only would LBP would have to shoot for a wider audience but also the PS3.

Probably Sony has to invest in a new logo, new ps3 color, new style of gaming and they have to put emphasis on the 3rd party presence other than to established games like GTAIV and MGS4. I mean they already started with echochrome, but that's really light hearted, attempt wise. It would take a massive movement, they would have to understand as a company what they are going for. I'm not sure they do.

This one game would be enough for any person already owning a PS3 but I don't see it moving consoles, or dramatically shifting the PS3 or it's gerne in any direction other than supplimentally.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

LBP will sell well.

It'll pass 1 million easy.
2 million depends on fan reactions and reviews.
3 million -- not sure if it'll pass 3 million. But im sure that alot of people will want it to ...

Im guessing 500k week one sales. 200k week sales and then 50k per week for a few months ... ( thats worldwide figures...)

i think it will probably sell ok for a psn game.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Since the PS3 audience seems to be very similar to the 360 audience in buying patterns I would expect Viva Pinata like numbers, I'd say 1.5 million lifetime.