By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else think Little Big Planet will sell terribly?

SnakeEyez said:
Captian_Twig said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
This game should sell well, i'm assuming that the guy was wording the post like that because he is jealous that his console (assuming it being the wii or 360) won't be getting this title!

Yep, about that. The Wii  has enough games like this. I am in no way jealous.

LOL what? there is no game (that i know of, besides boom blox and that is completely different from LBP) that lets u play, create, and share. To answer ur question, no I do not  believe that LBP will sell that good, but I dont think it will sell horribly either. IIRC it is being released as blu-ray and in the PSN store, I think games like that sell pretty well because of the accessibility of it.

Actually, the game BlastWorks: Build, Trade, Destroy seems similar, but in a different genre (2-D scrolling shooter). 84 on metacritic. 2k sales in the US week one. A real shame.

Around the Network
montrealsoon said:

I don't think it will sell massively, as I think it parallels "Viva Pinata" more than anything else. Both sound like great games but not really catering to the established audience for the consoles.

All the same, I thought BOOM BLOX would be a million seller!
{frown}

((Still hoping for head tracking in Fatal Frame though...))

I'm also expecting sales similar to Viva Pinata (1.34 LTD at this point).

It'll struggle to sell a million, but it will reach it. between 1-2 million.

Mighty_Douche said:
It'll struggle to sell a million, but it will reach it. between 1-2 million.

It will sell a Million in its first week......BELI3VE

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I guess this is the next game that Wii Fanboys are predicting to fail, after Uncharted and MGS4 did well.

Anyway, first week sales will not be too big, but word of mouth will get this game established and will have long legs.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

It depends upon how they market it, I think Sony is taking it seriously.

It is an innovative title , with lots of features , which appeals to wide people.

I will be surprised if it didn't sell well.

"Next Gen. doesn't start until Sony says so", and it starts with.....

Metal Gear "Solid" launch.

Quote :"Ironic isn't it? Sony charges nothing for it's service yet you don't have to deal with pop-adds. Yet xbox live charges and gives you ads that you can't close. Funny how different the west is from the east."

cloudy-spikey said:

It is an innovative title , with lots of features , which appeals to wide people.

Your avatar..

I must have it 0-0

mM

darth, i don't think that will happen. Not even half a million in the first week. I hope it sells well though. looks pretty awesome and fun. At least Sony is advertising it with the new PS3 commercial.

Japan likes this stuff so yes it will sell good. Europe it should sell good too but im not sure about America.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

leo-j said:
cloudy-spikey said:

Your avatar..

I must have it 0-0

@ leo-j

I didn't get it ,I mean you already have it, shall I change it

"Next Gen. doesn't start until Sony says so", and it starts with.....

Metal Gear "Solid" launch.

Quote :"Ironic isn't it? Sony charges nothing for it's service yet you don't have to deal with pop-adds. Yet xbox live charges and gives you ads that you can't close. Funny how different the west is from the east."