Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Kingdom hearts Thread

Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
I have a serious question to people so sure that KH3 will go to the Wii:

You guys say that since Disney is so in love with Nintendo right now that KH3 is bound to go to the Wii. If so, then why is Birth By Sleep (canon to the the main games) coming to the PSP (Sony) and the spin off is coming to the DS (Nintendo), especially when the DS is mopping the floor with ther PSP?

Maybe because...the PSP one is a spin-off also. Do you even know what canon means? BBS, Coded, and 358/2 Days are spin-offs but they're all canon because they are part of the main storyline. They're not main games, but they are still part of the main storyline. The only main games are KH1 and KH2. BBS isn't a main series game. It's a spin-off, along with Coded and 358/2 Days. They probably just saw BBS seemed like a good chice for the PSP, 358/2 Days good for the DS, and Coded good for cell phones for whatever reasons they thought of.

No. Birth By Sleep is a PREQUEL. What you're trying to say is similar to saying that MGS3 is a spin-off. Or that DMC3 is a spin-off. No, they are main installments of the game. BBS is going to tell the origins of the keyblade, 358/2 Days is going to........tell you about the short time Roxas was in Organization XIII.

And I'm trolling now? I thought I was asking a legitimate question. The timeline looks like it's going to go:

BBS, KH1, KH:CoM, then somewhere in there 358/2 is happening at the same time, then KH2.

Then I guess Coded is also a main series title because it's a sequel to KH2. LOL.

BBS is a spin-off. The main series are the only ones which are numbered. MGS3 is a main series because it's NUMBERED.

All 3 new KHs are spin-offs. Who cares if it's set at a certain time in the KH timeline? It's still a spin-off. KH: CoM is a sequel to KH1 yet that's considered a spin-off.

Also, 358/2 Days explains about the 14the Org member...who is important and was mentioned in Kh2: FM+.

Thats false...

That's true. Think what you want...BBS is still a spin-off.

So is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days... Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is the only one thats not a spin off...

Around the Network
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:

You guys say that since Disney is so in love with Nintendo right now that KH3 is bound to go to the Wii. If so, then why is Birth By Sleep (canon to the the main games) coming to the PSP (Sony) and the spin off is coming to the DS (Nintendo), especially when the DS is mopping the floor with ther PSP?

Maybe because...the PSP one is a spin-off also. Do you even know what canon means? BBS, Coded, and 358/2 Days are spin-offs but they're all canon because they are part of the main storyline. They're not main games, but they are still part of the main storyline. The only main games are KH1 and KH2. BBS isn't a main series game. It's a spin-off, along with Coded and 358/2 Days. They probably just saw BBS seemed like a good chice for the PSP, 358/2 Days good for the DS, and Coded good for cell phones for whatever reasons they thought of.

No. Birth By Sleep is a PREQUEL. What you're trying to say is similar to saying that MGS3 is a spin-off. Or that DMC3 is a spin-off. No, they are main installments of the game. BBS is going to tell the origins of the keyblade, 358/2 Days is going to........tell you about the short time Roxas was in Organization XIII.

And I'm trolling now? I thought I was asking a legitimate question. The timeline looks like it's going to go:

BBS, KH1, KH:CoM, then somewhere in there 358/2 is happening at the same time, then KH2.

Then I guess Coded is also a main series title because it's a sequel to KH2. LOL.

BBS is a spin-off. The main series are the only ones which are numbered. MGS3 is a main series because it's NUMBERED.

All 3 new KHs are spin-offs. Who cares if it's set at a certain time in the KH timeline? It's still a spin-off. KH: CoM is a sequel to KH1 yet that's considered a spin-off.

Also, 358/2 Days explains about the 14the Org member...who is important and was mentioned in Kh2: FM+.

Thats false...

So is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days... Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is the only one thats not a spin off...

Actually kh:bbs is a prequel........

ctk495 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:

Thats false...

Address that to Soriku not me lol...

Obliterator1700 said:
ctk495 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:

Thats false...

Yeah but I don't think he wouldn't understand mainly because the way he sees things are mostly bias to nintendo so even though kh:bbs is more important in the kh story since is an all new story featuring new characters while 358/2 is just the story of roxas(we all know he gets pwn by riku in the end :P) he will still think kh:bbs is a spin off.It's a prequel :P

258/2 will sell more then bbs but bbs will be way better.

Around the Network
Gearbox said:
358/2 will sell more then bbs but bbs will be way better.

Fixed ;)

Soriku said:
ctk495 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
ctk495 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:

Thats false...

Yeah but I don't think he wouldn't understand mainly because the way he sees things are mostly bias to nintendo so even though kh:bbs is more important in the kh story since is an all new story featuring new characters while 358/2 is just the story of roxas(we all know he gets pwn by riku in the end :P) he will still think kh:bbs is a spin off.It's a prequel :P

OK, what if I told you this. If I owned a PSP...I'd still consider BBS a spin-off. My opinion wouldn't change. Who cares if it's a prequel? Prequel in the storyline=/=main series. Also, he said CoM was a main series and told him no, it's a spin-off. Yup, my Nintendo bias is getting in the way. And 358/2 Days has new characters (or at least...A new character).

Soriku you are awesome :)

Now the 14th member can be important but still we already know what happends in the end of 358/2 without even playing it :/ while in kingdom hearts bbs we don't know anything about ven and aqua,so basicly it would be like this

bbs-kh1-com-kh

Yeah well it can be consider a spin off but it is a prequel too and you know it.

Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:

2nd bolded: So if MG3 was named simply "Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater" would it then be considered a spin off because it isn't numbered? Are Vice City and San Andreas spin offs because they aren't title "GTAIV"?

1st and 3rd bolded: No. Coded has to do with a message in Jiminy Cricket's journal that he didn't notate himself. That and what you said at the end are EXACTLY what spin offs are. They deviate from the linear storyline to instead focus of events happening in the same universe at the time. (For example, FFVXIII is a spin off of FFXIII while Crisis Core is a prequel to FFVII)

BBS doesn't do that. It tells you the origins of the keyblade and how it leads up to the events in KH1. Where BBS ends, KH1 pick ups, thus making it a prequel, and not just some off shoot. SE could have EASILY named it KH3 if they wanted, ala MGS3 or DMC3 (the only examples I can think of that use this method), but they didn't. Either way, why do you even think that the secret ending of KH2 was titled "Birth By Sleep" and the theme of it was...."Birth By Sleep"?

So without continuing to go off topic, I'll ask my question again. Why is it that the prequel is going to the PSP, and the spin-off is going to the DS, if Disney loves Nintendo so much right now, and the DS has way more marketshare than the PSP?

oh, and CoM is not a spin-off either. It follows directly after KH1 and where it ends, KH2 immediately picks up

Soriku said:
ctk495 said:
Soriku said:
ctk495 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
ctk495 said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:

Thats false...

OK, what if I told you this. If I owned a PSP...I'd still consider BBS a spin-off. My opinion wouldn't change. Who cares if it's a prequel? Prequel in the storyline=/=main series. Also, he said CoM was a main series and told him no, it's a spin-off. Yup, my Nintendo bias is getting in the way. And 358/2 Days has new characters (or at least...A new character).

Soriku you are awesome :)

Now the 14th member can be important but still we already know what happends in the end of 358/2 without even playing it :/ while in kingdom hearts bbs we don't know anything about ven and aqua,so basicly it would be like this

bbs-kh1-com-kh

Yeah well it can be consider a spin off but it is a prequel too and you know it.

Uh...we know what happens at the end of BBS. KH1 happens. lolz.

It's actually like this: BBS-KH1-CoM-358/2 Days-KH2-Coded

And when did I say it wasn't a prequel. No duh it's a prequel lol. We're arguing about whether it is or is not in the main series...not where it is in the timeline :P

Wait so we are not arguing that it is a prequel lol :P