By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Kingdom hearts Thread

Gah what a stupid thread.

They are not spin-offs. Spin-offs are not important to the story.

Those games are. 358/2 Days, BBS, and Coded.

We're just trying to rank importance to story.

It goes like this. Most important to story to least important.

BBS, 358, Coded.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Ignoring the spin-offs arguement (they all are spinoffs but with stories that can help plot development in KH3, kind of like the GBA KH, whihc i never played)....

anyway, I'm looking forward to all of them but I think with the way BBS has been promoted (as in at the end if KH2 and the extra sequence at end of Final Mix) will cause it to sell more then a game that hasn't had that extra promotion already.

Personal preference wise, BBS interestes me more then a game just telling a story of a character that technically doesn't even exist. I mean if 358/2 was about Riku's story during that time then cool, but Roxas? Isn't he with the bad guys during that time so you play a bad guy? (don't know what the obession with Roxas is to be honest, he's nothing compared to Sora.

Micky is cooler then Roxas.

Importance wise, it's definately BBS first, as i think this will lead into KH3, while 358/2 is just a backstory of Roxas. Something I'm not really interested in. Coded....well, I don't even know what Coded is about but unless it's released on PSP or DS as well as mobile crappy phones then I won't be playing it.

Hmm, pie.

I don't think BBS is really going to lead into KH3 since all of its original characters are eliminated before KH1 even happens. It's kind of limited on what it can do in that respect once you realize there's the canon of KH1/2/CoM and even Coded and 358/2 to adhere to.

It's probably going to be like Crisis Core in that it tells a lot and elaborates on a point before the main game(s) but has a whole can't really impact too much of the furutre of FFVII outside of what it introduced.

And Fury, your comment about Roxas being a bad guy is kind of odd considering that Terra is undoubtedly Xehanort/Ansem, and both Ven and Aqua are dead/gone/nothing by the time KH1 roll around

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

I don't think BBS is really going to lead into KH3 since all of its original characters are eliminated before KH1 even happens. It's kind of limited on what it can do in that respect once you realize there's the canon of KH1/2/CoM and even Coded and 358/2 to adhere to.

It's probably going to be like Crisis Core in that it tells a lot and elaborates on a point before the main game(s) but has a whole can't really impact too much of the furutre of FFVII outside of what it introduced.

And Fury, your comment about Roxas being a bad guy is kind of odd considering that Terra is undoubtedly Xehanort/Ansem, and both Ven and Aqua are dead/gone/nothing by the time KH1 roll around

That tells me how much you actually know of the Kingdom Hearts series...

So has there been any update to release dates of BBS, 358/2, or anything at all about KH3 lately? Honestly I haven't found jack and I really want a KH game to play >_>

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
So has there been any update to release dates of BBS, 358/2, or anything at all about KH3 lately? Honestly I haven't found jack and I really want a KH game to play >_>

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days from what it says in wikipedia will be released Winter 08 in Japan...Maybe somewhere in March 09 in USA?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_358/2_Days

That tells me how much you actually know of the Kingdom Hearts series...

Because I said it wouldn't want to contradict itself? What a useful and insightful comment!

If we were talking about Nomura plotliens in general that might have made some sense, but even he doesn't intend on making his plots complete clusterfucks by the end of the day.

Soriku said:

@Claude

If Terra is Xehanort then why did he think Sora was Xehanort in KH2: FM+ and attacked him? Unless Terra somehow loses his memory for whatever reason of him eliminating Ven/Aqua (if he's Xehanort I'll asssume he eliminated them. Though Xion, the 14th member, might be somehow connected to the story of BBS. In KH2: FM+ Xemnas called the armor of Aqua "friend" and IF you are correct in thinking that Xehanort is Terra that must mean Xemnas has memories of what happened because Xemnas is Xehanort's Nobody. Ansem is also Xehanort's Heartless but I don't think he evee mentioned anything in KH1 about Terra/Aqua/Ven.)

Hmm...the story in KH is literally near impossible to speculate lol. There's so many paths the story can take.

Well Terra was clearly screwed up in the head, and who's to say he didn't fight Xehanort or the fake Ansem or whatever? It's all speculation and impossible to know right now but that Terra might have been something else entirely.

Xemnas (mansex roffle) seemed more 'aware' to me about what was going on than Ansem, but that might have something to do with him actually having memories...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

dtewi said:
Gah what a stupid thread.

They are not spin-offs. Spin-offs are not important to the story.

Those games are. 358/2 Days, BBS, and Coded.

We're just trying to rank importance to story.

It goes like this. Most important to story to least important.

BBS, 358, Coded.

You are just jealous :P

Soriku said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
obieslut said:
well lets put it this way. KH3 is not going to be out for a long long time because the KH team is working on FFVXIII. and then once they finish that they will start KH3

I am willing to place a bet that it comes to the ps3.

Coolio. We can get more people to join in the KH3 bet :) PM kingofwales for details.

I'll join the bet aswell...KH3 for ps3.

PM KoW then. More people = more suffering when we find out the platform...so it's cool ;P

You can losse too.........

BMaker11 said:
deathcape said:

what....the ...hell?...I agree with Soriku...

and Bmaker is a true fanboy...a Sony fanboy

let me explain why: the way I see it..Nomura stated that BBS and 358/2 days will be crucial to the story of KH3..

yet he wants to claim that only the PSP version is worth buying ...cuz ..deriving from what he posted

his real message is..that BBS is the only one truly story related to KH, while 358/2 days isn't important at all

if it weren't important...why even make it?..wouldn't it be a 2d cellphone game ? or something?

it's important...because we hardly know anything about Aqua...right?

and the nobody Xion..who is number XIV....well...it's female..blue hair..

oh...sounds kind of familiar..

oh..about roxas' story being stupid...OOPS Ven is perfectly identical to Roxas..

what does it mean?

on a sidenote: nobodies tend to look like their original forms (they are body and soul) Xemnas looks more like Xehanort's normal form..than Ansem the Heartless

then explain to me..WHY does Roxas not look like Sora?

but like Ven instead?...

I'm not stating anything yet...

it's just kind of iffy...and unless these games and KH3 explain it..I'll declare the KH story flawed

dude.....just stfu. Just because I believe that BBS is a prequel doesn't mean that I think 358/2 isn't important. Nor does it make me a Sony fanboy....I just was inquiring why said prequel was on the PSP insetad of the DS when the DS is trouncing the PSP and everyone says that Disney is all buddy buddy with Nintendo right now. BBS is, arguably, more important to the KH storyline than 358/2 Days (this =/= 358/2 being unimportant) only because it's telling the origins of the keyblade and fills in a bunch of plotholes (kind of like what MGS4 did for its' previous iterations), whereas 358/2 is showing what Roxas did in OXIII, and about a new mysterious member.

I'm starting to think you're the troll now because your posts on this page after my initial one have only been ones attacking me. I never said that BBS was the only one worth buying....I just see it as more important to the storyline as of now, and yet it's on the PSP and not the DS, when, like I said above, Disney is supposedly super Nintendo friendly right now.

And uhhhh.....Roxas DOES look like Sora, it's just that he has a faux hawk looking hairdo and is blonde, but the facial animations are the same.

uhm...so I'm the troll..because I use normal reasoning..unlike you?

who said BBS will explain the origin of the keybalde? you did

is it true?...we actually don't know..

it'll be about the three keybalde warriors...yet keyblades already exist in that story...so it won't be about the origins

and..what makes you think BBS will fill gaps?...how many?...and 358/2 days won't fill any gaps?...or not as many?

you think that BBS will be more important..you believe so...that's why you think it's weird that disney put BBS on the PSP

I actually wouldn't know..cuz..I just don't know..

from where I'm standing, they both look as important..because there are too many unsolved mysteries around the entire organizationa nd Roxas..who is Sora's nobody...so...I assume he's important..(it's not JUST about what he does in the Orginization, mind you)

while BBS....we don't know squat... I just don't get you

I may seem biased XD

but I won't say you're not..